• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag recommendations?

Nzakes04

So I'm somewhat new to the game and absolutely loving the game and I wanna improve and I've been playing for about 2 and a half months fairly competitive and I have a bunch of discs in all different plastics. I know how to throw forehand and I'm learning backhand slowly. I'm looking to improve my game and would like to know which discs that I have in my bag that I should use or which discs I should buy also what should I buy for a forehand disc. In my bag I currently have the following discs
-Discraft stratus
-Discraft buzzz
-Discraft focus
-Discraft magnet
-Gateway wizard
-prodigy pa1
-Innova wolf
-Innova tern
-Innova roc
-Innova leopard
-Innova aviar
-Innova roc3
-MVP tesla
-latitude 64 core
-Westside underworld

How did you get so many discs in two months.. there is a lot of overlap. How far are you throwing? The general consensus is to learn about 3 discs really well and hit about 300ft with a fairway before branching out. I would use the buzzz or roc, leopard, and one of your putters exclusively until you know them inside and out.

You also don't need a specific kind of disc to forehand. You can use any disc for that, but a lot of people throw overstable discs because they usually fade back. That isn't recommended to do if you are starting out though. If you learn to forehand a more neutral disc it is generally considered more beneficial.

Yes, you do have quite a bit of overlap there...but lots to choose from, which is nice. If I were building a bag from your discs, I would go:

-Wizard, Aviar, or Magnet (whichever feels better to you)
-Roc, Buzzz, or Roc3 (whichever feels better to you)
-Leopard
-Add a stable fairway to compliment the Leopard, the obvious choice being a Teebird

That gives you a solid lineup to start with. Throw those discs a ton while learning how to shape lines and develop distance, and you can add in new molds over time. Just my 2c.

You might want to narrow down your selection. I recommend a Champion Banshee for FH drives 100%. Try to use the Buzzz, Leopard and Magnet (all what I use) to start out with and learn different throws and form and whatnot. But maybe try a more stable fairway like a Stalker, XL or Teebird as mentioned before.

Latest posts