• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Be honest haha

dmac1369

New to dyeing. Been doing for a few weeks. Will accept all advise and help. Thanks

Attachments

• 20210318_162209.jpg
    20210318_162209.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20210313_154032.jpg
    20210313_154032.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20210305_222810.jpg
    20210305_222810.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 127
Since I'm being honest:

1. I don't dye discs but I think the work people put out from it is incredible. Hope to someday have the time/patience to learn...I'm not artistic so it would probably be more geometric stuff. That said, I'm already impressed that you can do this, so any criticism is still from a place of being impressed.

2. The skull is great, but I don't love the darkish reddish blackish background. Typically I prefer bright backgrounds, but I'd rather have it full black than that reddish hue. Same for the Verdict, cool pattern but the actual colors aren't my thing.

3. Prodigy looks like a great Christmas dye.

Good stuff, man. Since I am being honest, I would have a hard time find earth tone dyed discs in the woods 'round here.

Ditto. Looks cool in your hand, but I'd say that's looking to get lost. That would be hard to find in woods as well as tall prairie grass pretty common to find lining fairways on open holes.

Last edited:
Ditto. Looks cool in your hand, but I'd say that's looking to get lost. That would be hard to find in woods as well as tall prairie grass pretty common to find lining fairways on open holes.

I think that really highlights the difference between "discs as art" to hang on a wall and "discs that are cool that you play with". Unless it looks so amazing that I'd be sad to put some wear on it...I want to throw it. And I can't throw it if I can't find it.

I can't even count how many times I've been helping someone find a disc, ask what color it was and hear "tie dyed" and I know it's their muted burnt orange and reddish-purple dyed disc, and it's going to be horrible to spot.

I don't know if they make neon dyes, or people just don't use them, but i RARELY see big bright colors on dyed discs.

I think that really highlights the difference between "discs as art" to hang on a wall and "discs that are cool that you play with". Unless it looks so amazing that I'd be sad to put some wear on it...I want to throw it. And I can't throw it if I can't find it.

I can't even count how many times I've been helping someone find a disc, ask what color it was and hear "tie dyed" and I know it's their muted burnt orange and reddish-purple dyed disc, and it's going to be horrible to spot.

I don't know if they make neon dyes, or people just don't use them, but i RARELY see big bright colors on dyed discs.

if mfers are throwin tye dye or clear or black discs or white in winter i let them know i aint helping them find it before they throw it

The dye jobs look good. The background on the skull looks a little muddled to me, but I'm no artist nor dye jobber. Could just be the pic or my phone.

if mfers are throwin tye dye or clear or black discs or white in winter i let them know i aint helping them find it before they throw it

I throw tye dye and black discs in the winter all day man. It's the only time you can find them.

Tye dye=Invisible in no snow, shockingly easy to see in snow.
Black=Awful for drivers but what contrasts better with white than black. Putters and natural colored mids do work in snow. That neon yellow or green driver that spiked into the snow looks like a leaf ejaculation or a piss spot.

Plus I don't want your dirty ass mitts on my discs anyhowever. :)

I throw tye dye and black discs in the winter all day man. It's the only time you can find them.

Tye dye=Invisible in no snow, shockingly easy to see in snow.
Black=Awful for drivers but what contrasts better with white than black. Putters and natural colored mids do work in snow. That neon yellow or green driver that spiked into the snow looks like a leaf ejaculation or a piss spot.

Plus I don't want your dirty ass mitts on my discs anyhowever. :)

i meant tye dye or black or clear in all conditions

or white in winter

but i understand your reasoning

i wouldnt bend over to pick up your disc anyways ;)

I immediately thought of a Christmas lollipop when I saw the F7.