• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Beating in discs fast?

Adampowzki

Is there any way to beat in discs very quickly? I want a Giant that is a bit more stable than my World, but not to much.
If it is possible without getting big marks in the disc. (Maybe throwing at a fence instead of rubbing it on asphalt?)

Haven't seen one of these threads in awhile.

Go to a laundromat and put it in a dryer with a pair of shoes and a towel on low heat.

Cover a chain link fence with a blanket, and throw at the blanket fence until desired softness is achieved. I usually do not accelerate my break ins, but my friends use this tactic and swear by it.

Cover a chain link fence with a blanket, and throw at the blanket fence until desired softness is achieved. I usually do not accelerate my break ins, but my friends use this tactic and swear by it.

interesting..

Best bet is to either lightly sand the flashing, play a heavily wooded course and aim for trees, or to hit a towel/blanket on a chain link fence.

Questatement swears by letting a short length of a 4x4 ride shotgun with you. While driving tap the disc on the 4x4. I've never tried it though. I always do the sanding the flashing trick. I also have been known to throw huge hyzer spikes to beat them in quicker. It works well, plus it's fun! :thmbup:

High thumbers and FH rollers for me. I've been tempted to wrap a disc in a towel and send it through the dryer like was mentioned above, but I don't want to damage my already sketchy dryer any further.

I drove over a new classic truth I bag now with a car 2x's (after I lost my beat-in money classic truth.) is this PDGA legal, just kidding I don't care. :p

Beat it in naturally or it's bad luck.

Not true whatsoever! I have a dx flat top roc I beat in by throwing into a pile of sticks for an hour and I already have two aces on it this year :thmbup: amazing turnover mid range.

My home course Bald Eagle is a youth camp, I have a stack of used discs that have been donated that the campers use throughout the summer. I'll throw in a stack of new dx/kc pro rocs and some dx teebirds into the rotation, after a full summer of kids playing with them they're perfectly seasoned.

I'm just not into this sort of thing. I think that it does a lot for your game to develop a relationship with that disc as it ages slowly. Some of the biggest distance I've ever gotten was from Star Wraiths that took a while to beat in and I learned to crank on them on a flight line and later with a slight hyzer and so on.

I'm just not into this sort of thing. I think that it does a lot for your game to develop a relationship with that disc as it ages slowly. Some of the biggest distance I've ever gotten was from Star Wraiths that took a while to beat in and I learned to crank on them on a flight line and later with a slight hyzer and so on.

I think we all agree the one that gets there naturally is the best way, but what happens when you switch molds and want one broken in now? Or if you loose your money beat in disc?

My go to (Its been a while since I tried to age one faster) is thumbers and forehand rollers. I will carry the disc with me and throw roller seconds and between the basket and next tee. Also usually for no bag rounds, and small bag rounds I throw discs I am trying to break in faster.

Chain link baseball backstop. Throw into it full speed from the mound or third for an hour or so.

Chain link baseball backstop. Throw into it full speed from the mound or third for an hour or so.

Thought about doing this to a S line GM that i have had for a while. I want to get rid of some of the low speed fade. I probably will.

Another good way to beat a disc in is throw a bad drive on a course that has manzanita.