• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver State Fling

Jamescook27

Bogey Member
Great weekend in Minnesota. Heading to Oregon. Hope all the NT pros and local pros have great rounds.

Does anyone have current updates on he NT pros attendance? Don't really want to take a hit on my Fantasydiscgolf.com team.

Thanks and keep it in the fairway.

From what I hear Ricky will be playing at the BSF, he skipped the Majestic to nurse his calf a little more.

From what I hear Ricky will be playing at the BSF, he skipped the Majestic to nurse his calf a little more.

He was out watching on Sunday and said he hadn't been playing at all to rest for this tournament.

What are your pics?

MPO McBeth edging out Wysocki for a wonderful final round
FPO Pierce ready for redemption

BSF !

Packing up the truck , heading down I-5 to Hornings to camp and watch the big arms !

After seeing Will , EMac and Paige in Kamloops for Canadian Championships , gotta see a full field !

Wow , Canadians was fun , hope to slide into a spot at BSF next year !

Packing up the truck , heading down I-5 to Hornings to camp and watch the big arms !

After seeing Will , EMac and Paige in Kamloops for Canadian Championships , gotta see a full field !

Wow , Canadians was fun , hope to slide into a spot at BSF next year !

Lucky for you to be at the tournament. Have a blast. How about keeping us posted on the activities and results?

Watch out for the locals. Their are a ton of 1000+ and even 1010 and 1020+ guys from Oregon that have been improving in rating recently and will be itching to make a statement here. I predict 2 maybe 3 in the top ten if you include N. Sexton who wouldn't be a shock to place top ten.

Watch out for the locals. Their are a ton of 1000+ and even 1010 and 1020+ guys from Oregon that have been improving in rating recently and will be itching to make a statement here. I predict 2 maybe 3 in the top ten if you include N. Sexton who wouldn't be a shock to place top ten.

Nate Sexton (OR), Kyle Crabtree (WA) & Tim Skellenger (OR) have the best chance of a top 10 finish

Here are a few others to keep tabs on:

Sean Phillips (OR)
Dustin Keegan (OR)
John Anderson (WA)

Either of those three could make top 15-20 and have been shooting a lot of 1040+ rounds lately. There are also a few sleepers:

Chandler Fry (WA) is starting to get back into the groove after playing a little less the years past, his game is coming together nicely the last few months.

Jame Moore (OR) has been plagued by some head problems in past years, but he's been playing a lot lately, and working on his mental game. If he can keep his temper under control he has all the skill necessary to make top 20.

Jason Pinkal (OR) has been sitting at about 1000 for a while and with a win last weekend is hopefully pulling out of a small slump that he's been fighting lately. He's got a very strong mental game, I'm hoping for a top 25 finish out of him.

Brian Cook (WA) is the most dominant player in Eastern Washington. I'm really interested to see how he handles playing in this field. He's also a LHFH player, which is should help him a bit on BSF East.

In addition I was thinking of Chris Becker who just helped to take first in Whistlers Doubles and Scott Withers who is itching to bust out in a big tourney.

Nate Sexton (OR), Kyle Crabtree (WA) & Tim Skellenger (OR) have the best chance of a top 10 finish

Here are a few others to keep tabs on:

Sean Phillips (OR)
Dustin Keegan (OR)
John Anderson (WA)

Either of those three could make top 15-20 and have been shooting a lot of 1040+ rounds lately. There are also a few sleepers:

Chandler Fry (WA) is starting to get back into the groove after playing a little less the years past, his game is coming together nicely the last few months.

Jame Moore (OR) has been plagued by some head problems in past years, but he's been playing a lot lately, and working on his mental game. If he can keep his temper under control he has all the skill necessary to make top 20.

Jason Pinkal (OR) has been sitting at about 1000 for a while and with a win last weekend is hopefully pulling out of a small slump that he's been fighting lately. He's got a very strong mental game, I'm hoping for a top 25 finish out of him.

Brian Cook (WA) is the most dominant player in Eastern Washington. I'm really interested to see how he handles playing in this field. He's also a LHFH player, which is should help him a bit on BSF East.

Dion Arlyn? Does he still play?

Dion Arlyn? Does he still play?

Dion got married last year (or maybe hit was late 2011?) and changed jobs to a 9-5. DG was overtaken by other priorities and his game took a hit, he wasn't playing up to his previous level. However, he's recently been playing well again. He's a wildcard at this year's fling. Could make top ten, or could end up further down the standings. He definitely has the potential to be a 1030 rated player, so anything could happen.

Chris Becker and Scotty Withers are also very, very talented golfers with plenty of distance for Milo's longer holes. If Chris hits his stride, we could see a top 20 or possibly a top 15 finish out of him. Scotty is a bit inconsistent in large events, which is something that usually just comes with time. Top 30 or better wouldn't surprise me at all for him either.

Withers is on the forums here. Maybe he'll chime in this evening if he isn't camping at the course.

Last edited:
How long have the current courses/layouts been used for this tournament?

i will be rooting for Mr. Anderson
i want to head down to watch, but dont know if i will make it

How long have the current courses/layouts been used for this tournament?
This will be my 8th consecutive BSF, and other than minor pin placement, par adjustments, and a temp hole this year, it has been the same since 2006. I believe before then as well.

I played most of both layouts today for the first time. All I have to say is I have a terrible amount of respect to the crew who maintains the course. I will be caddying tomorrow but afterward I would love and play Timber if anyone is down. I know I should rest but OR DG is epic!!!