• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner backhand help

Nice music. your form is pretty good for a beginner, especially on the last throw (got the Mike Moser crow hop going,lol). It looks like you are following through pretty good, but looks like you are aiming and releasing with the nose up, which will impact distance. What are you trying to achieve? I tell a lot of beginners to slow down...it took me 10 years to get that and now I throw further and much, much more accurately while using less energy. Remember SLOW is SMOOTH and SMOOTH is FAR. Hope this helps, not much of an expert, just my 2 cents

You should work on "pulling through" with your drives. Focus on pulling along a straight line and not letting the disc come outside that line where you start "whipping" the disc. Overall good follow through and I think when the snow melts and it's not so slippery you can get a longer reach back by turning your body away just a bit more. Overall a solid start and should be throwing bombs in no time.

Needs to get that elbow out a little more before opening up. Losing a lot of leverage.

n5tWZco.jpg

He is spinning around instead of pulling through.

Also, keep the nose down.