• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Beginner Player looking to assemble kit - NEED HELP

I gave my friend a Stingray, Cobra, and a wizard his first day and he was throwing almost 200 feet straight by the end of the day.

DX Aviar
DX Roc
DX Teebird

Possibly the three greatest discs of all time in the cheapest plastic you can find, one putter, one mid, one driver. I know this place is full of Innova hate but this is as good of a start as anyone could get.

everybody's given some great picks z buzz ss max weight, dx aviar 175, and 170 pro leopard. very smart. but, lemme just throw out something stupid. grab like a 168 star xcaliber as something you can really rip on and it will totally hyzer out but slowly you will get better flights out of it and by the time you can throw it, it will be beat to perfection. but focus on throwing the smart discs the most

In my experience, ultimate players tend to take to the look and flight of discraft mids, like the buzz and comet.

Yup, a Discraft Comet is a good bridge between Ultimate discs and golf discs.

Keep the putter and midrange at the above 170 and the Leo and Teebird in the mid to high 169s to start. Plus a champ firebirdski wouldn't hurt. You could grab another companies equivalent too, but Innova's stuff is probably the most readily available and most common. This makes replacing lost or used up disc easier.

Dont listen to these old men. They are living in a bygone age. Get a vibram ridge, an mvp tangent and a latitude 64 river.

Yup, a Discraft Comet is a good bridge between Ultimate discs and golf discs.

I second this. As a newer disc golfer but longtime ultimate player I absoultely love my Comet and throw it for almost everything. It is a very good bridge into golf discs from ultimate discs because it uses similar release angles as the ultra-star so you aren't trying to teach yourself to throw all over again. If you still play ultimate then it will also help you be a more consistent puller.