• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Besides the Anhyzer Top, Which Mold Piece From Any Company Is The Worst?

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
In lieu of the Discmania/Innova thread, I wanted to make a poll. Sadly, it would be excessive and unrealistic.

SO . . .

I clearly vote "anhyzer top" from Discmania (Innova? heh) as the worst piece of any disc I've ever held in my life. Cannot stand it and never have, never will.

CLOSE SECOND is the bottom of the Shark.

Your thoughts? :popcorn:

Don't love either of the ones you mentioned, also the Magnet top is one of the worst.

And the Spirit top is basically an anhyzer top as well.

The Anhyzer top has never bothered me. While it is unique, I actually like it grip wise.

When comparing Thunderbirds to PDs I prefer the feel and flight of the PD. Everyone is different though.

For me...

Innova + molds
Innova "V" molds
Legacy Ghosts (not sure what they did, but Rocs feel better in the hand)
Salient Prometheus

Outside of Innova/DM and specific parts, I'd say the Discraft Spectra was a fine example of wasted effort.

In lieu of the Discmania/Innova thread, I wanted to make a poll. Sadly, it would be excessive and unrealistic.

SO . . .

I clearly vote "anhyzer top" from Discmania (Innova? heh) as the worst piece of any disc I've ever held in my life. Cannot stand it and never have, never will.

CLOSE SECOND is the bottom of the Shark.

Your thoughts? :popcorn:

I keep hearing about this anhyzer top. What discs use it?

why am I the first person to say monarch/groove wing?

A slightly more serious answer would be the krait wing.

Groove wing is the obvious answer. So obvious that it should have been in the thread title. Not everyone loves the anhyzer top, but it's used in enough popular molds that a thread title calling it the worst is blatant trolling.

Doesn't the Krait use the Wraith wing? I never clicked with the Krait but I don't think the wing is the problem.

Probably not a super popular opinion, but I can not stand the bottom of the Roc. The best description I ever read went something like "while some discs have a bead, the Roc IS A BEAD".

THIS. Glad someone said it first, now they can lynch you instead. I think the Gremlin has it even worse. Almost driverish rim but with a bead. Yuuuuckk

Wasnt there a driver with a bead? How was that ever a good idea?

The Gateway Siren is a speed 13 driver with a weird stepped rim / microbead thingie. Feels atrocious in the hand

No troll throwbot. Yes it was a cheap jab but I genuinely dislike it.

Latest posts