• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best basket design and issues

Ohh and +1 for DiscCatcher! I hate nubs, I don't mind the yellow band except it should be rounded on top. Hit the top of the yellow with a tee shot and gashed my crystal buzz pretty good.

What about some sort of rubber coating on the chains? Like Rhyno Lining or some sort of tough grippy rubber? Anybody else think this could increase catching potential?

/threadjack

I think that would make the chains stiff and would push putts back out of the basket. An idiot parks department painted the chains at one of the courses around here and they just don't have enough give.

Mach III is my favorite basket. The quality is evident in not only the price tag but the welds and craftsmanship. Now that you can get the baskets powdercoated it is just another feature keeping them on the top as the 'Cadillac' of targets. The number plate is also one of the most iconic images of our young sport. Additionally, the Mach III has the best sound of any basket, and that is probably the ultimate tie breaker for me.

I wonder why baskets (the bottom of the baskets) aren't slightly smaller in diameter on the top than the bottom. On some baskets I have seen discs that would be aces spin around the inside and fly out.

I wonder why baskets (the bottom of the baskets) aren't slightly smaller in diameter on the top than the bottom. On some baskets I have seen discs that would be aces spin around the inside and fly out.

Interesting.. I would like to see if this affects the catching ability. Definitely feasible from a cost/design standpoint. Call it the Mach III +. ;)

Guurn - I wonder why baskets (the bottom of the baskets) aren't slightly smaller in diameter on the top than the bottom. On some baskets I have seen discs that would be aces spin around the inside and fly out.
It's for shipping. Baskets can be nested if the opening is wider than the bottom. That's why you rarely see cups with wider bottoms than tops.

Titans are the best IMHO. They are exactly as titled...Titan! Their only downfall is weight. If you move baskets around a lot by yourself, be prepared for a a sore back. Something about the huge gauge and massive bucket makes them seem that much easier to hit.

I couldn't agree more!

Mach III is my favorite basket. The quality is evident in not only the price tag but the welds and craftsmanship. Now that you can get the baskets powdercoated it is just another feature keeping them on the top as the 'Cadillac' of targets. The number plate is also one of the most iconic images of our young sport. Additionally, the Mach III has the best sound of any basket, and that is probably the ultimate tie breaker for me.