• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf city in the country?

The Indianapolis area has some great courses. More going in too! by the end of the summer there will be 4 in Carmel (borders the north side of indy) one in avon (west side) and two (at least) in Indianapolis itself. Great area for disc golf

The Indianapolis area has some great courses. More going in too! by the end of the summer there will be 4 in Carmel (borders the north side of indy) one in avon (west side) and two (at least) in Indianapolis itself. Great area for disc golf

OP asked for city. Of course it's Eden Prairie MN. Right next to Edina.

You keep eating your cake in Edina and I will play Challanging Courses on the East side...

When you coming to Somerset for your a$$ kicking...

Dallas might have the most highly rated course in part because it just has so very many courses, as in more than 60, or so I'm told. There are several thriving clubs, minis everywhere, and PDGA tournaments every weekend. Add to that no off season. Dallas is hard to beat. I just wish we had Austin's, San Antonio's, or Lansing's women's DG community here.

Dallas might have the most highly rated course in part because it just has so very many courses, as in more than 60, or so I'm told. There are several thriving clubs, minis everywhere, and PDGA tournaments every weekend. Add to that no off season. Dallas is hard to beat. I just wish we had Austin's, San Antonio's, or Lansing's women's DG community here.
Is the mud/clay and lack of elevation factored in this? :gross:

we have it good in the monterey santa cruz area, but im taking notes here on the stats for dallas, ann arbor, and portlandia.

portland area is the best to me, after worlds week i may change that but i doubt it, I could never vote for DFW because that place is pretty much soulless...

Is the mud/clay and lack of elevation factored in this? :gross:

While it's true that the majority of courses in DFW are flat and don't handle rain well, we have about 5 or 6 that have a lot of elevation (Z-boaz, Crowley, Turner, Vets, Porter School, and Harry Myers come to mind) and some that handle rain very well (Lake Lewisville, Turner, BB Owens, etc.). You just have to know where to go to get what you want or need at the time. And then there are those 50 or so bonus courses for when it's nice out and you don't feel like climbing hills until your legs fall off.

While it's true that the majority of courses in DFW are flat and don't handle rain well, we have about 5 or 6 that have a lot of elevation (Z-boaz, Crowley, Turner, Vets, Porter School, and Harry Myers come to mind) and some that handle rain very well (Lake Lewisville, Turner, BB Owens, etc.). You just have to know where to go to get what you want or need at the time. And then there are those 50 or so bonus courses for when it's nice out and you don't feel like climbing hills until your legs fall off.

I guess Harry Myers has a lot of elevation for DFW. :rolleyes:

No, it has more than most on the east side, but the best elevation is zboaz and crowley, over on the west side. Turners not bad, and Vets has a pretty steep hillside that is used in a most cruel fashion on the front nine, and a less steep one on most of the back that makes for a nice finish.

DFW has a bunch of solid, fun courses but nothing that stood out to me as signature courses that some of my other favorite disc golf cities have.

I can believe that. I think Harry Myers is the top course in DFW, but it pales compared to Selah Ranch Lakeside. Any city having a 5 rated course like that is very fortunate.

Latest posts