• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best forehand disc?

Sorry, I would offer advice but I only know how to use my pimp hand.

*but really, I've had success with my TeeBird and Buzz and the new Ace Race 2010 discs*

I throw a pro destroyer fh but I can't keep it from taking a hard right. Is my release angle off or do I need to look at other things? The guys I play with say I have good snap

Echo XCal...was experimenting with a GL Halo also with some good results

I like the Star Sidewinder, but haven't gotten to throw very many other discs yet... it gives me plenty of glide and stays straight. Any suggestions for me to try guys?

Destroyer, Teebird, Buzzz, Pig or Rhyno. You want something a little more stable than you would throw back hand because of the snap and also because most people tend to roll their wrists or throw ugly annies.

Tons of snap he gets, huh? I'd go for a Boss, Nuke, Destroyer, or Xcaliber.

For midrange FH shots I have been loving my FLX Drone lately. Overstable enough to handle some snap...

Depends on how clean your form is. Most players tend toward overstable plastic. My two favorite sidearm discs are a beat 150 Champ Sidewinder and 150 Champ Valk. Headwinds bring out the Z Pred.

Champ Teebird
Z Avenger
Z Buzzz

Until he can throw those without flipping them over, he shouldn't be using anything faster. For max distance I use a Star Destroyer, and also like to keep a predator in my bag for a slower overstable (firebird works)

Crush, Force, and Nuke. Dont flick mid-range discs, rather throw anhyzer.

Nothing wrong with flicking a mid-range. Only if you have bad form. Anything up to 250' is easily controllable with a buzzz, forehanding. My form isn't the cleanest so anything around or over that I just throw a slow driver and play the skip.

Last edited: