• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best long straight driver

I have been using a 174 star Teebird for those type shots. The best luck I've had with them though is lines where I can throw it about 375' and about 10' high. It ends up just fading about 10' at the end before it hits the ground. But the type of landing area will dictate how much skip you will have. But like it was mentioned, no driver will fly like a Buzzz. They all have some sort of fade at the end. I say keep working on the Buzzz till it goes that far.

lol i love how, first of all, everyone throws a buzz 3 million ft on the internet.

AND how people tell you to learn to throw it FURTHER

LOLz

I've been thinking of using a Starfire as a longer Teebird, mainly just so I don't have to compensate for a bunch of flip with a seasoned/beat star Teebird. Looking at the wing It seems to just be a stretched out Teebird.

OLS - tailwind straight
OLF - headwind straight

Teebird / TL

XL, Leopard, cyclone, gazelle, jls for more finesse hyzerflip straight

mcoppel said:
What do yuo all recommened for a good 300-350 foot straight as an arrow disc with little turn at the end. Upto 300 I throw my buzzz's on dead lines, but I am having issues finding a driver that throws further then a buzz and stays dead on straight.

Star Eagle X 166 flashing removed new doesn't need any tuning. The straightest I've gotten it to fly is one foot of aerial fade and another on the ground sliding stopping at 350' with 8-9' apex line drive hyzer flipped to flat. With a grip that needs more hyzer when muscles are loose compared to Jenkins grip.

Blake said that Daredevil Discs Timberwolf is a better Eagle X and on JFC it's got less fade than an Eagle X. I'm gonna order one in my next purchase from the States.

SkaBob said:
lock-off said:
i throw my putter on every drive.

and i ace every hole.

Yeah, but you're naturally athletic AND you work out!

I'm not really into number crunching , so I just ace every hole too. I used to do it with a shark, but it was boring because it flew straight and low and then dropped in the basket. Now I use a monster because I like to watch it glide and move around.

Beetard said:
SkaBob said:
lock-off said:
i throw my putter on every drive.

and i ace every hole.

Yeah, but you're naturally athletic AND you work out!

I'm not really into number crunching , so I just ace every hole too. I used to do it with a shark, but it was boring because it flew straight and low and then dropped in the basket. Now I use a monster because I like to watch it glide and move around.

You're throwing sky forehand rollers with the Monster for aces, right? Otherwise, you can't fully show off your natural athletic ability.

ZAMson said:
Beetard said:
It's real easy. You try them, then you gag.
that pretty much sums it up :)

page 3 of this thread is really kicking ass!

ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

edit: This one is way better. And awful.

risredrerivers.jpg

Furthur said:
edit: This one is way better. And awful.

risredrerivers.jpg

LOL. I saw this and it was like, huh?... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... dingding! big laugh.