• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Point and Shoot Disc on the Market

So at low power your pure doesnt fade at all and holds anhyzers all the way to the ground? Opto pures must have changed if they are not slighty OS when new. They would handle 300' drives and still fade out when i threw them.

Point and shoot to me is a flight which is very workable and doesn't change with different power levels.

Nova > pure

To add to what AIM is saying...

"point and shoot" to me means straight line, start to finish.

Had 2 Opto Pures and they were pretty straight, but did have a slight fade at the end...drives or upshots. I'm sure baseline would be straighter and probably w/o the fade.

Oh i know what it means. I wouldnt call the ion point and shoot even though i love it. Dont get me twisted i threw pures for a longgggg time.

I also have messed with more putters than most players i run into. I love driving throwing playing catch etc with DG putters.

Upshots and polecats are point and shoot too the OOT. :/

Point and shoot to me is a flight which is very workable and doesn't change with different power levels.

I disagree with this definitiion. To me, "point and shoot" is hitting what you aim at... or in the case of disc golf, landing the disc where you aimed for it to go.

I disagree with this definitiion. To me, "point and shoot" is hitting what you aim at... or in the case of disc golf, landing the disc where you aimed for it to go.

That may be your Def but AIMS is more what most people think. By your definition a firebird or H1 would be the most point and shoot discs on the planet. When you throw one of those you know where it's going to land within a foot or two.

For me, my beadless star Aviar is the best point and shoot disc. It´s a bit broken in so it doesn´t fade the the left, nor to the right at the end of the flight. So it goes exactly where I shoot it. I agree with AFTC for thje definition of point and shoot. It´s a disc that goes straight without altering the flight curve you release it on.

NOVA ftw. They fly so straight that I actually use them to calibrate my release angle if I think I'm starting to move away from flat.

Mids Atlas and mako3 are both good, Icon Gauge seemed straight in my limited time with it.

I agree with what someone else said about the truth. Although its neutral overall, it definitely has some turn and fade, a necessary trade-off for the awesome glide. Kind of like the difference between a super stingray and a mako3.

It's true, I used to throw putters straight at little 250' stuff. Now it's Firebird hyzer time. Why not, it works every time. Tourney footage showed me the way :|

It makes me sad to join the hyzer robots too.

This is why woods golf is superior, you have to take the line that's available.

x comet. Only goes where you throw it.

It makes me sad to join the hyzer robots too.

This is why woods golf is superior, you have to take the line that's available.

I won't do it, I won't become a hyzer robot! I know the hyzer is the most consistent and I've proven it to myself time and again, I know finesse golf is dead too, but I just love to make a disc fly true. I'm not playing competitively, so I'll stick to my own disc tossing fun.

I prefer woods golf too, but to be honest, I would probably like the open field hyzer bomb fest too if I could throw 500ft.

A man's got to know his limitations.