• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Between ES Boss and Force

BrohanSolo1

I throw sidearm and lately I've always been turning over my echo star boss too much and I can't get my force to turn consistantly enough. Should I just switch my boss to a champion plastic or does anyone else have any good disc ideas that may fit what I want?

*Both are max weight

try a halo. in my experience, the boss and the force are REALLY similar. the halo is pretty close and looks a lot cooler. :p

I do like the opto line plastic... as long as I can get a good S out of it without it always bailing out on me. I had a champ boss that never used to but the ES seems to be less stable, maybe its just me.

Moderate dome star destroyers, and flat (tourney stamped) to mod. dome champ. bosses should both work well.

rusch_bag said:
BrohanSolo said:
Awesome thanks guys, so domey discs fly with more stability than flat... gotcha

Not necessarily.

With higher speed drivers, domey TENDS to be more stable, but only because with the high speed drivers, dome tends to correlate with the PLH (parting line height). PLH has been pretty reliable in regards to estimating stability of a disc across the entire speed spectrum. The higher the PLH, the more stable the disc will be compared to other discs of the same mold.

I own 4 Forces, the only flippy one is the D plastic Force. The Z Force is nice and stable, I throw it into headwinds for good D with confidence that its going to go where I need it. Its great for side arm also, the Boss flips more then the Force.

Sidearm I can get around 500' consistantly, backhand 350', thumbahawk around 300' and tomahawk about 250'... I mainly throw sidearm but have just this year started to implement backhand, LOVE my Z avenger SS for that reason

Unless your Force is super high PLH/domey, 500' of sidearm power will get you a consistent turn, and predictable fade at the end. Star Destroyers (the good ones, IMO, with a medium PLH/dome) will have a slight turn almost the entire flight at that power. Same with moderately stable champ. bosses. Star bosses will turn a ton at that power, but then fade really hard, too. So, you just have to give them more height, or throw them clean, slight hyzer. Never is this actually good for lowering your score :lol: but in case you want to make the right choice in a distance comp.

Yea I ended up just modding my force, heating it up and re molding. We'll see how it goes today!

Latest posts