• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BH Form Critique

I would practice throwing slower neutral/understable discs. Throwing high speed overstable discs are often the enemy of learning good form.

I hear you about throwing under stable discs to work on my form. I'll grab my backups of those and bring them out to practice with to get more reps with them.

Usually start out with a few sets of my putters (glitch, berg, proxy, alpaca (p2), tactic, razor claw 2), then Mids (origin, reactor, runway), then to fairways (neo essence, meta essence, crave, neo instinct) and then I finish with the pd's (g-line, special s-line, and c-line). Try to release everything on a hyzer and stay with the same form for every disc. Took out my s-line and c-line Fd due to the Fd being too under stable and unpredictable. It looks more domes than my essences. C-line was line a mini Pd it is so stable.

The proxy, origin, essences, and Fd are my more under stable discs. When I focus on "turning the key" I sometimes turn them over. Other times I release them on hyzer and the flip and land with a soft turn.

Being in a windy location, as soon as I face a headwind it is game over for those under stable discs because they are a lot less predictable. The pds I can throw on a slight hyzer and can get my 260' distance and know it will not be taken away by the wind.

After throwing in the football field for 1.5 hrs, I decided to play the open back 9 of the course as I was trying to beat the sunset. I got off every tee and sunk my putts to end up even which I am really happy with.