• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Diameter Drivers

Strife

First off, I'm new here on DGR but not new to disc golf, so I'd like to say hi to everyone here.

On topic, I've been a fan of the roc for a while now and recently I started getting into the striker. I really like the feel of those bigger discs and I was wondering if anyone knows of a large diameter high speed driver. Something near a wraith rim thickness would be preferable.

Thanks

Biggest diameter high speed driver I know of is the Helios.http://snapdiscsports.com/helios.html
It's the same diameter of a Roc more or less.

I'm pretty sure most of Latitude/Westside's high speed stuff is a slightly larger diameter than Innova's discs.

The Illusion by Gateway is also a large diameter distance driver. And if you find a Baby Blue one or a puffy wing, they are huge crushers.

Don't know about the Avenger, but my Avenger SS always stood out in my bag cause it was taller than the rest. Avenger may be the same, you could look up the tech specs and see.

What you basically find is that Innova and the Innova-produced brands are limited to 21.1 and 21.2 diameters. Innova is "all in" on the small diameter driver and has been since the Cheetah. All of their high-speed stuff is small diameter.

The other manufactures will go bigger here and there. The Avenger SS and Tsunami are bigger. The River is bigger. The Illusion is bigger. The Diablo DT was a lot bigger. None of them are as big as a Roc except the Helios.

Latest posts