• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Black Ace: Who has one.

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have almost hit a few black aces and I have seen some close calls. Anyone has some weird "Black" Ace stories?

Haven't had one stick, but I've hit basket once and chains twice on various black ace runs. None of them were even close to where I was actually trying to throw, so they would have been even more embarrassing had they stayed in.

I've come close a few times, but none stuck :(

I've seen one though, or what would be considered a black ace. Some people at wildwood in Ottumwa, Iowa get bored and play the course backwards from basket to basket. Well, I was throwing on one when all of a sudden a disc came out of nowhere and just drilled the chains; needless to say it stayed in.

I have seen a brown ace, playing a course where there are two permanent baskets on each hole, and the player aced the one he wasn't aiming at. We thought it was pretty funny, especially because the baskets are blind and he thought he aced the correct one and went running down the fairway celebrating.

I have seen a brown ace, playing a course where there are two permanent baskets on each hole, and the player aced the one he wasn't aiming at. We thought it was pretty funny, especially because the baskets are blind and he thought he aced the correct one and went running down the fairway celebrating.

How does that work? Do you call the basket out ahead of time before you throw? Did you give him the ace on that hole?

i've had one years ago. it was on a course where the holes were too close together and wouldn't have been that bad a shot at the basket i was aiming for if the other one hadn't gotten in the way...

How does that work? Do you call the basket out ahead of time before you throw? Did you give him the ace on that hole?

There's a set numbered 1-9 and a set numbered 10-18. We were on the second half of the round, so playing to the higher numbered baskets, and he hit the lower numbered one. He ended up getting a four on the hole, because it was a tough approach from one basket to the other.

I saw one once in an event in Athens, TX many years ago. For the bigger events there they combine some of the holes and add extra baskets for other holes to make the course longer and tougher. We got to the 4th or 5th hole and it was one of the ones that combined it and the next hole so the regular basket had been draped with a black trash bag. One of the guys in my group threw his tee shot and it slammed into the trash bag and stayed in the basket. It looked and sounded cool but he had a terrible lie underneath the basket and still a long way to go to the right basket.

Dont have any but I have seen one

Close but no cigar. We were playing a course we'd never played before and fired at a basket we could see but couldn't see the number. I grazed it off the chains. Oddly, it still felt pretty good!

My sisters boyfriend has one at Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC. He was on 7 and if you turn over your drive there it heads right for the area the pin is for 4. Well he turned it over and sure enough headed right for 4's basket. The kicker is there was a group finishing up that hole and one girl didn't hear the "fore". Sure enough it strikes her in the upper arm and ricochets into the basket.

Last year, hole 3 @ Woodstock Rocks....... I take aim and throw the hyzer route for the long pin(up top) but hit the wall and tumbles down to drop in the short pin. Click pic to enlarge.

Close but no cigar. We were playing a course we'd never played before and fired at a basket we could see but couldn't see the number. I grazed it off the chains. Oddly, it still felt pretty good!

No doubt, because you were aiming at it. Good aim.

In roseburg there is a little(i mean little) course called green, on hole three the basket for 6 is about i[15' back and a little left and i tossed a trex to hyzer then skip, which it did, right into the 6 basket, that was the dumbest feeling watching that disc drop into the wrong basket. still made the deuce off it though.

sigh... i don't have any real aces, but one black ace. into the wind- tone 500+ away. my friend just gave me his Force and i tried to kill it forehand. it started out left and just never came back. flattened the bottom of one side of a tone a good 30 degrees off 250 away, plain sight. that thing tanked that tone so damn hard. my friends went ballistic. i thought it was funny, but had work to do to even get a bogie.

I have one at the Chamblee Church course in GA. I was throwing straight into a strong headwind on hole 3 which is about a 325 foot open shot. I misjudged the wind and my disc turned over more than expected and flew a long s curve. To my surprise it slammed straight into the chains on hole 1 which is about 50 feet back and to the right of hole 3's basket.

It really was pretty impressive, now if only that was the real hole. I am not sure of the exact hole measurement out there but I think this is about my longest "ace".

"Acing" a basket from another hole (or the one you weren't playing to) on your drive.

and yeah that Wall Hole looks amazing.