• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard discs good for thumbers and tomahawks?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
New to throwing tomahawks and thumbers and was wondering if blizzard discs would work well? Also is there a disc that does not flare from side alot and is good for a tight gap? I envision a particular hole that is 260 straight but the gap is about 15 foot wide.

I've used a 138g Blizzard Boss for thumbers. It worked pretty good. You'll get more distance out of an Opto XxX but that Blizz Boss did better than the 150 class RPro Boss I've used before. Similar results with a tomahawk.

New to throwing tomahawks and thumbers and was wondering if blizzard discs would work well? Also is there a disc that does not flare from side alot and is good for a tight gap? I envision a particular hole that is 260 straight but the gap is about 15 foot wide.

I like a Teebird for a shorter straighter thumber.

bliz discs do not take torque thumbers/thawks. do your self a favor get a 167 or less opto xxx or 150g or less flick

i always tomahawk or thumber destroyers. i get great distance with a tight turn. i tried my 136G blizzard destroyer and it didn't take to kindly to the torque i put on it.

Why would ANY disc not be good for overhead stuff ? It's about technique, not about the disc.

Overhand

To be fair im never going to bomb thumbers or tomahawks. I prob max out around 250-260 atm. I do have a 150 flick my wife got from tournament winnings thats sitting around collecting dust. Prob give it a try. I also have a predator and i might try my teebird as well since someone said it keeps a tight spiral. I suspect overstable discs are more common for these shots. Im just looking to add another shot to the bag plus its just fun throwing them.

I use my blizzards for overhand shots. They seem to do real nice. I also have a 154 flick and they don't really seem to work as well for me.

Then again I am not great at thumbers or tommys, and probably max out around 200-220 feet.