• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

i found a blizzard boss in a pound no name it was very dome and it still flys well.

Enlightening post.

My blizzard teedevil is a noodle armer's dream. It flies exactly like a teedevil should, even with wind. Just allows the mortals among us to actually throw it as more than a meat hook.

I bought a blizzard Katana 158 and Teedevil 152 from the local PIAS last friday. They are both awesome discs. The wind was blowing pretty good today in north Texas. I chose my spots well and they performed BETTER than expected.

When I was picking them out, I couldn't help but notice the inconsistencies of the shape of the the molds. Some had big "pop up" domes and some had other unusual shapes compared to the "normal" molds in the store. There is no way these discs would fly anything close to similarly.

For those that are interested in buying a blizzard disc... go somewhere where you can compare them. I have never seen such variations as I did on my day looking at the new shipment of blizzards.

I was curious to know what a big... and I mean big... pop up domed Destroyer would fly like, but I wasn't curious enough to spend $16 to find out.

My Destroyer is very domey, has the majority of bubbles in the flightplate, weighs 153g, and flies more like a Starlight than a regular one. Despite both rated with a turn of -1, I can't turn it over but can turnover my Blizzard Boss.

Here's a profile pic:
2012-04-14200105.jpg

I bought a blizzard Katana 158 and Teedevil 152 from the local PIAS last friday. They are both awesome discs. The wind was blowing pretty good today in north Texas. I chose my spots well and they performed BETTER than expected.

When I was picking them out, I couldn't help but notice the inconsistencies of the shape of the the molds. Some had big "pop up" domes and some had other unusual shapes compared to the "normal" molds in the store. There is no way these discs would fly anything close to similarly.

For those that are interested in buying a blizzard disc... go somewhere where you can compare them. I have never seen such variations as I did on my day looking at the new shipment of blizzards.

I was curious to know what a big... and I mean big... pop up domed Destroyer would fly like, but I wasn't curious enough to spend $16 to find out.

My blizzard destroyer is a pop top and is the most stable thing in my bag.

They're quite overstable. The bigger the dome, the more beefy they are. Can't say whether the trend holds for all the molds, but it seems to be true for Bosses and Destroyers. Like you observed, there is a buttload of variation in these, but it can be a good thing if you know what to look for. Super domey Destroyers can handle some serious OAT or can be thrown on steep steep anhyzers in cross or tailwinds and ride them forever before flexing out. Surprisingly predictable. Flatter discs can work for lower power players or for trick shots and giant turnovers for power players.

Interesting I picked up a 155 Pink Bliz Boss locally as I wanted to make sure I got a Domey disc. I was surprised how easy it turned over on me. I threw it flat with about about 50 pct power and it turned over.

It is useful but I must put some sort of hyzer on it, to use it as neural type of driver. This disc also gets really squirrelly if I throw it past 350. I like them and think they are interesting but I am not sure how they will fit into my game. I am still testing and may try a domey destroyer to see what they are like.

Just my two cents - Koffee

Interesting I picked up a 155 Pink Bliz Boss locally as I wanted to make sure I got a Domey disc. I was surprised how easy it turned over on me. I threw it flat with about about 50 pct power and it turned over.

It is useful but I must put some sort of hyzer on it, to use it as neural type of driver. This disc also gets really squirrelly if I throw it past 350. I like them and think they are interesting but I am not sure how they will fit into my game. I am still testing and may try a domey destroyer to see what they are like.

yeah, try a 15ish destroyer, I had one until Phil Arthur threw it ~575 and then signed it

but when I threw it it was quite stable and went far

I've got a stack of blizzard bosses and have founds that big dome does not equal big stability... Only with the destroyer.

My katana has zero bubbles in the flight plate. I have 2 bosses, both have a ton of bubbles in the flight plate.

Seems like the Katanas are molding up different or something. I have about 5 157-158 and they are all bubble free. However, I think the result they are wanting is bubble free in the end. I think I heard that somewhere.

Seems like the Katanas are molding up different or something. I have about 5 157-158 and they are all bubble free. However, I think the result they are wanting is bubble free in the end. I think I heard that somewhere.

my katana has a lot of bubbles in the lip. In fact, the edge feels like sandpaper.

What weight? I have yet to see one that is 150+ with a lot of bubbles. My girlfriends 137 and 142 both have a significant amount of bubbles however.

Maybe. But like the above post, not the first inconsistency lol. I do think they are trying to move towards making the bubbles less visible by making them smaller. I like the bubbles though, makes them unique.

All 4 of the 150-154 bosses I have (or had :() have tons of bubbles in the rim and flight plate, I don't think it has much to do with weight.

Latest posts