• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bluetooth weatherproof mini speaker for the bag?

XCyclone

Double Eagle Member
Looking for a small, waterproof speaker that'll fit in the bag. Anything out there that has decent sound?

IDK about those but with a 3.5 mm plug www.musicangel.net you can get an aluminum case active speaker with at least 35 hours of playback time speaker that fits in the palm in the model called Friendz. It lacks bass but so do most of that size. If it is a problem you can make more drums and elecric guitar audible by using Digizoid 2.3 portable preamp. That is my setup. Considering the small loudspeaker element size the bass is ok with that pairing. The Digizoid has a problem with CD players at least on my jukebox some CDs play fine but those that have more compression and higher average and probably top level signal strength makes the Digizoid distort bad. I've only tried it once though and the Digizoid might have been in false mode. It has a headphone out mode where you can control the volume with the Digizoid and the line out mode where the source controls the volume. I had it in the headphone out mode. I don't think i could use the line out mode with my CD player because it doesn't have variable volume output. The line out mode with the Digizoid outputs more volume and the Music angel is very loud. It is too much with a hot signal which is great for defeating car noise when i'm cycling. That is loud indeed to the point of possibly damaging hearing. The highs are a little rolled off and not high end in quality but the mids are very respectable indeed. With the Digizoid the upper bass is ok too so i'd say this is hifi stuff of good to quite nice quality. So don't expect to beat high end gear with this system that fits in the palm. It would take a large hand to fit them into your fist though. The Digizoid varies in the time it can run depending which mode it is in. Perhaps 7-8 hours in one mode and 16-17 in the other. Both are charged via USB.

I got this one recently and it's pretty and actually gets pretty loud without distortion. You can get it at the apple store and return it if you don't like it.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Micro-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B009AYLDSU

I got this for Christmas and have been using it all year. It's easy to strap to the bag, sounds good, and the bluetooth range is greater than I expected. It's held up fine so far. The ports have rubber covers to keep the elements out, and the edges are cased in rubber as well. With everyone having smartphones these day, it's easy for anyone in the group to hook up and play their music. I also use it in the kitchen whenever I'm cooking, so it's also useful in other situations as well.

G-GRIP

14269891_120926163000.jpg

Latest posts