• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BMast's Bag O' Tricks

bmast

Birdie Member
Here is mine

Years playing/experience: Started in 2000, took 7 years off back at it for 3.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH and
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Aviar: 0/250',Wasp:220/350'; Eagle: 310/380', Destroyer: 400/475'
* Max stance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional: Age: 28
Sex: M

Drivers:
#1- 2nd run CE LEOPARD 175 8/10+ - controlled straight
#2- Proline leopard 174+ 8/10+ - controlled straight, bigger flex
#3- CE EAGLE X 174+ 8+/10 - medium to long distance small hyzer
#4- Pro firebird 164-170 7+/10 - overhand 200'-300'
#5- s/ds 175 8+/10 - 400'+ hyzers
#6- s/ds 175 7-8/10 - 400+ bomb when there is room to let it work
#7- champ teerex 9/10 175 - rollers
#8- champion max 9/10+ 175 - wind fighter, controlled flicks, spike hyzers

Mids:
#1- 1st run z wasp 176+ 8+/10 - straight end little left
#2- flx drone 176+ 8+/10 - wind fighter
#3- esp meteor 175 7-9/10 - long straight or long anny mid shots
#4- brick hard no bead aviar 170+ 8+/10 - use for most upshots and shorter drives

Putters:
#1- (main)San Marino small bead aviar 7/10 175 - putting everything 80-100' and in
#2- San Marino small bead aviar 6-7/10 175 - back up putter and flex putter for down wind drives, pancake putts, whatever I want, rollers out of the crap
#3- brick hard grid stamp aviar (old double ring) 175 8+/10 - primary driving putter and upshot disc. Also strong headwind putts sometimes.

I try to keep it pretty simple as far as # of molds and rely on my knowledge of the disc and its limits and capabilities. Seems to work quite well for me. I have been shooting the best golf of my life in the past 8 months.

Let me know what you like or don't like, comments or concerns, threats and invites

You have 15 discs and different 12 molds (usually different plastics fly somewhat differently, such as the 2 Leopards, but it's not always the case), so the obvious response is you have a very specialized bag and won't be able to use each disc to its fullest, but I'm in the minority in that I believe a specialized bag works if you know how to use each disc, which you obviously do. A specialized bag lets your discs wear in more slowly and replace more rarely. Win/win.

The major redundancies are the 2 exact same San Marino Aviars and s/ds (though, since it's the same mold and weight, there's no real problem with carrying duplicates), the two similar rock hard Aviars having overlapping uses, and the Firebird seems like it could be easily replaced with midranges.

Once again, I don't see any major holes or flaws based on your uses of the discs, but it might be beneficial to become more intimate with each disc and might allow you to cut some molds if they overlap and if you end up missing them, you could always put it back in the bag. I personally hate disc overlap, but have many friends that are strong players that have several overlaps in their bag.

Awesome feedback, thanks. I listed that brick aviar twice because I use it as a mid and a putter, more as a mid though. The two destroyers I should have been more accurate on the co.conditions, one is almost new and the other is 7-8/10.

This bag looks terrible. Just give me all of these discs and I'll replace them for you :)

I like the bag.

You could probably drop the T rex, max and/or firebird.
Have you thrown pro destroyers or pro leopards before? Just an idea for something flippy

Well my style of roller needs the stability that the teerex offers. As windy as it gets here in west Texas the max will probably never come out. I don't have a strong forehand so the lighter firebird works that slot sometimes too. I can get that extra little distance without worrying about ditching it in the ground. As far as an uber flippy disc, I used to carry a 6/10 se leopard but I found that I can cover that shot with the meteor.

The bag setup looks really good - I don't see any gaps. The only concern I would have is having backups ready to go if you were to lose a disc.

To be honest, I was expecting your bag to look like this
Drivers:
3 CE TL's
3 CE T's
3 CE Leopards
3 CE FX's
3 CE FL's
3 CE F's
3 USDGC Rocs
3 Butt expensive aviars.

I'm a little dissapointed that your bag isn't like $2000 worth of discs.

That being said, nice bag, very balanced. I like it. People talking about setting up a bag well, you know exactly why you have every disc, so thats perfect brah.

Yeah, looks great, except you suck and all your discs suck. Throw them all away and go find an Ion - that's the best no bead Aviar anyway.

NEW BAG

- 1 ION 10/10 165g - everyshot backhand
- 1 vector (first run) 5/10 174.2g - everyshot forehand

Latest posts