• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Bottom Stamped Bosses

ThrowinGhost

Eagle Member
I was playing with someone this weekend who was throwing one of the recent run of bottom stamped bosses and he was saying it was easily the farthest flying disc he throws. (He was throwing it 600+) Now I can get my beat destroyer out to about 460ish, and I realize a magical disc change won't add 140 feet haha. But I was wondering what everyone thought about these bosses. I had one regular star that I found too inconsistent which is why I stick with my four destroyers, but after seeing him throw this thing it peaked my interest. The glide on it was amazing.

Haha I wish he threw it downhill... it was flat ground with a little bit of a tailwind. I consider myself to have a pretty big arm, and he made me look like a child lol we measured out a couple of his throws with GPS and they were over 600.

thats a long way

It was probably the most impressive thing I've seen on a disc golf course. That's why I'm so curious about the disc! haha Even with the amount of power he was putting behind it, it had a nice flip over and then fade at the end. He only threw it on the wide open par 4s, but still.

I've thrown bosses before, was just wondering what was different if anything about these bottom stamped ones. (Other than the stamp of course)

Was his name Dave?

Awesome.

I know my bottom stamp Star Wraith (with the DX logo) is stiff and beefier than my 12x's. The Destroyer I got with a bottom stamp was beefier than my C-Line PD2s. FAF Firebird overstable. What course were you playing that 600 ft shots were required?

I too am curious about the flight characteristics of the Bottom stamped ones. I noticed the tops were kind of "vulcany" but that may have just been the one I was looking at. I actually started throwing an older star boss for tailwind shots and it bombs at least 40 feet past my Destroyers (I to throw in the 460's) So come on people, give this man some info.

Hey all, I am the one being referred to. It was a 175g bottom stamp star boss, and no, just a standard run up. I can get destroyers out to just under 600 on a "perfect" throw, but these bosses have potential for to get another 20-30 feet for me. I am definitely a fan, they are incredible.

I've never really thrown the stock stamp star bosses, but the bottom stamp one I have is quite domey, some may call it "pop top". The plastic certainly is one of the more flexible blends of star plastic I've felt. Comparing it to other drivers, it seems to hold its anhyzer line for a longer time before fading out, which is the source of the added distance.

these throws would make an awesome video.. just saying if you can make that happen it should :) its always fun to see people chuckin it that far

I totally believe it but I cant throw those distances and wanna see the lines being used to achieve that distance also the form too :)

Nice! But from my experience, gps measuring isnt that accurate... well my last experience anyway. I hope yours is right because that is awesome!
I want a video too!

Last edited: