• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Branson Trails

Doofenshmirtz

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Okay so the photos look awesome on this course and honestly say more than the three very poor reviews posted so far. What is the story on this place?

BTW, It's nice to see another, apparently nice course in Southern Missouri. T'would be nice if someone who reviews it would actually take the time to describe the course layout.

I live about an hour and half from this course. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet, mainly because it just opened this last Saturday. The pics look great, but there is also some drone footage they did a few weeks ago that made this a must play for me soon. They are also having a B-tier there, at least that's one of the courses, the Tanecomo Throwdown. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure there will be some better reviews, and hopefully one of them will be mine!

Color me intrigued, but 4 photos really ain't enough to tell, and neither are those feeble reviews.
It's stuff like this that makes me happy to see TR's reviews, or at least reviews from someone who's been active on DGCR long enough for me to get a feel for if they have a clue or not.

There's simply no substitute for # of reviews reaching a critical mass.
:popcorn:

Didn't realize there were only four photos on there. I've been following the development of the course on Facebook where they have posted photos of all 18 holes from the tee pads along with some video. Here is one

https://youtu.be/fnihvq6q_Ww

I helped build and design it, along with the owner of Full Turn, who also designed Branson Cedars.

It's a pretty challenging par 58-59 in its current configuration. A lot of work has gone into it over the last 2+ years. Had to cut it out of the side of some Ozarkian landscape, but it's very fun.

Lots of terrain that was well used, and a good variety of different shots and hole lengths. A lot of the holes were designed with having multiple pins in mind, so even so some of the fairways look similar, the end result will be a lot of different looking shots when all is said and done.

Its probably the closest thing to the Ozark Mountain courses around here (further south of those courses about 2 hrs)

The course is mostly in wooded areas, with some open shots. No holes that I would consider unfair or poke and pray, we wanted all of the holes to have at least 1 identifiable and fair line, I think we achieved that.

Hopefully we can get some more pics uploaded to DGCR, I was told pics of 1-18 are up on DG Scene already.

If you are in the area, you should definitely swing through, the course is only going to get better as it goes.

Last edited:
course layout

this is fairly accurate

Attachments

• BransonTrails_Web.jpg
    BransonTrails_Web.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 37
I live about an hour and half from this course. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet, mainly because it just opened this last Saturday. The pics look great, but there is also some drone footage they did a few weeks ago that made this a must play for me soon. They are also having a B-tier there, at least that's one of the courses, the Tanecomo Throwdown. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure there will be some better reviews, and hopefully one of them will be mine!

A Tier

I helped build and design it, along with the owner of Full Turn, who also designed Branson Cedars.

In the photos on the Facebook page, there is a building that looks like it had a lot of work put into it. Is that a pro shop, someone's home, what?

In the photos on the Facebook page, there is a building that looks like it had a lot of work put into it. Is that a pro shop, someone's home, what?

It used to be a bar many years ago and was abandoned and gutted over the years.
It was a home with a basement in which the bar was located. The people who ran the bar I assume lived upstairs. There was a single wide trailer tied into the "home", making it some bastardized double wide thing. Very weird. Anywho, as he was developing the property for the course, they also remodeled the building. Its very nice now, and he and his family live there currently.

As for a pro shop, he has some inventory there, but I believe he plans to build a separate building for that stuff in the near future.

Latest posts