• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Breaking a weird bad habit

Oleelo99

Hi. As shown in the pictures, I think I have a pretty good power pocket, but it seems that the angle of the disc upon extension is significantly nose up. It happens very fast in the throw, resulting in both nose-up and flutter, how can I fix it?

Also, I'd like some help with what I should focus on next in the technique. Some things I've noted myself are:
  • shorter walkup - especially on shorter throws (and especially the x-step)
  • stop the weird forwards movement I'm doing with my back foot in the weight shift (fairly recent habit, so it should be pretty easy to work away)

My consistent max distance throws are about 350 feet (maybe a bit more) if that's interesting.

Video(three throws - putter/midrange/driver)
https://youtu.be/ngD4e2ue2E0

Attachments

• Skjermbilde1.jpg
    Skjermbilde1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Skjermbilde2.jpg
    Skjermbilde2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Yeah, footwork is your biggest problem, to a point where you actually don't have an effective weight shift and brace to begin with. Your X-step is too long and turned away from the target, which loses your forward momentum and makes a proper weight shift basically impossible. It also causes your upper body to visibly tense up so your weight doesn't tip over on the plant stride.

It actually starts to go wrong already with the first step you take in the clips, because it's too closed off and makes the rest possible. This video explains what you should be doing during the walk-up.

I'd also like to see you shifting forward and down into the plant more.

Right now, everything is too linear and you are not working to use gravity or your body's natural curvature to your advantage.

Watch David Wiggins (600'+ power in flat, calm conditions, world record holder). Everything about his posture and swing follow a path like the one linked above.
E3peTX.gif

It took me months to break my habits to get my body moving more like this with members' help here.

Get your weight shifting better with this drill from Shawn Clement:

This will feel completely different than what you are doing. It will get your body in better touch with gravity and let your weight lead the swing into the final step. Your throws will come out unpredictably at first because we will be breaking your very flat form.

Looks very robotic/unnatural and manipulated and trying to be too careful.

Needs more rhythm and flow and let loose like lumberjack.