• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brightest silver dye and champion plastic.

Turbonyg

Hey All,

Just started gathering supplies to try some dying over the winter months.

I have a few lighter color champion plastics that are harder to find especially with the leaves on the ground now.

If I dyed the bottom side of the disc only in a silver, will it make the original disc color pop enough to increase the visibility?

I see there is a Clear UV Blast "dye" from CS. Any one know if this is a true dye, or more of a "clear coat" that stays on the surface?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that "adding thickness" makes a disc illegal for sanctioned play. A clear coat type colorization might fall under this description.

Hey All,

Just started gathering supplies to try some dying over the winter months.

I have a few lighter color champion plastics that are harder to find especially with the leaves on the ground now.

If I dyed the bottom side of the disc only in a silver, will it make the original disc color pop enough to increase the visibility?

I see there is a Clear UV Blast "dye" from CS. Any one know if this is a true dye, or more of a "clear coat" that stays on the surface?

Thanks.

Silver dye is not really bright. It's basically gray. Probably not what you want for increased visibility.

What's CS? I know Pro Chem has Fluorescent dyes which glow in UV light - they are super bright outside in sunlight. And I believe I saw a colorless powder you can use to make any color fluorescent, but I don't have any and have never tried it - I am not positive it works. Just saw it online and thought it would be dope to be able to make some blues and reds that also glow in UV.

If you are trying to increase visibility in fall colors, I'd suggest dyeing your discs like pink or blue rather than silver.

If you really want silver that is actually bright, use a silver sharpie.

Keep in mind that "adding thickness" makes a disc illegal for sanctioned play. A clear coat type colorization might fall under this description.

Correct on the thickness. I'm curious if it ends up being a coating, or it dyes into the disk. More concerned with it being more of a clear coat that will crack off.

I ordered so, so I guess I'll find out.

Silver dye is not really bright. It's basically gray. Probably not what you want for increased visibility.

What's CS? I know Pro Chem has Fluorescent dyes which glow in UV light - they are super bright outside in sunlight. And I believe I saw a colorless powder you can use to make any color fluorescent, but I don't have any and have never tried it - I am not positive it works. Just saw it online and thought it would be dope to be able to make some blues and reds that also glow in UV.

If you are trying to increase visibility in fall colors, I'd suggest dyeing your discs like pink or blue rather than silver.

If you really want silver that is actually bright, use a silver sharpie.

CS makes the Quick Coat Worm Dye. I ordered their UV Blast Dye which is what you are describing.

The discs I want to do this to are Innova Champion plastic that is translucent. One is a pastel pink and another green. I was thinking doing the silver on the bottom might give it a colored pearl look and make it easier to see.

Ah, no, I dont use Worm dye. Did once and hated it. Dont like the acetone based stuff.