• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Building a Girlfriend Bag

Thomasorion - are you saying her first time discing is at Kaposia, or she's gone before but this is her first time at Kaposia? Tough first course if it's the former...

You other guys are funny...:)
My fiancé goes once in awhile. Usually, when she does, my sister and brother-in-law are with us, and it's a ton of fun. Last Saturday we played Bryant and then stopped for beers and Jucy Lucy burgers on the way home. Made for a pretty good day.
Most of my rounds are solo or with the guys, but it's a different kind of fun when the girls come along. I get my Man-Time at bowling.
That didn't sound right...

She came with me once with a big group of casual friends on a small course in Winona, MN. I gave her some basic discs and she played along and actually had REALLY good form and was getting good S shapes.

-it's been since then since we last played together. So yesterday I was practice putting and I was just talking through things...I gave her a MAKO to use as short range...her first shot with it at the practice basket, from 45 ft or so....nails the basket center after a nice S shape....I was like "daaaaamn baby!" I gave her a Roadrunner and she threw a really nice S shape twice as long. I was so impressed. She didn't even realize how good she was for really a first timer. She has a nice side step and release point and angle were great. I was a little sad she decided not to really play much in the round. But she played 1 hole and had consistant shots down the fairway and parked it for a 4....I took a 3....so seriously...i was like "Babe, you should really try if you want to" She insisted on just chillin and we had a good time...she's a great girl....so no complaints. it was fun....and I shot Kapoisa fairly well....hit basket on hole 9 and hole 16. And she was like "ooooo almost" and I was kinda like...."I dont think you realize how awesome that is to hit the basket...like center basket. Even pros would get a big round of applause....haha, but she was a good sport, and we are still together....she even put 50$ towards the Minnesota Majestic because she know how much I enjoy playing....I bagged a keeper...she'll be in the bag forever, haha

So my GF shot well (when she did play) with a Mako and Roadrunner. I think 2 good use disc and keeping it simple....distance...close range....i gave her an F7 but she liked the print on it more than throwing it (it was a Hummingbird Airborn disc) We had fun, She likes to putt with me in the backyard while grillin so....she's a good sport.

I would recommend having her work with just the mako for a while, if she is only getting 90 ft with a roadrunner It won't make a big difference. My old lady can throw a jk aviar, esp buzzz, dx cheetah all within 10 ft of one another, between 160-170 ft. She just throws the cheetah because it's comfortable and Pretty colored. I ulema recommend a light weight mako like 170g or possibly less to help with distance and easier to throw.

Today we bought a 159g Pearl and a 158g Diamond for her, then went to the zoo, then a movie (XMEN: Futures Past), then 9 holes of sunset golf.

Amazing day!

She is in love with the Pearl and is throwing the Diamond about 20' farther than her old Cheetah and was super surprised when she was able to shape lines. She was so excited to be able to turn the disc to do what she wanted. She was feeling it the whole round and had her longest shots ever! Still loving her KC Aviar for putting and managed to get a 3 on a hole where her best to date was a 5.

Her bag set up is:

Putting:

150g DX KC Aviar (she's getting deadly with this)

Midrange:

159g Opto Pearl (her new favorite disc)

Driving:

158g Opto Diamond (loving it)
150g Dragon (utility and water shots)

the best thing that happened to my wifes game, was getting her to an all womens tourney
she has played a lot since

Just don't get your girlfriend a diamond otherwise you'll be golfing with you fiancé...

I'd say glide. Mostly because you can add about any overstable fairway and you're set. My hot pink BuzzzSS spends a lot of time in my wife's hands also.