• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bunk ace!!?

Jesse B 707

* Ace Member *
a few days ago i was playing a local weekly and on one of the holes (that happend to be a tone pole) a player in my group threw a skip thumber that (as far as i saw) skipped right past the pole and instantly the dude starts yelling ACE YEAH!!!! etc.. until he looked back at the rest of the group and seen the lack of exitement on our faces, NO ONE else in the group saw or heard it hit (not even his team mate) but he argued through an entire hole that he had heard it hit chain. it was so F-ing annoying i eventually told him that he could have the ace and put that bullshit on the scorecard (at this time i was ahead of him by 4 or 5 strokes anyway) so i figured why not? take your stupid ace! he ended up beating me by one stroke :evil:
the moral of the story is DONT cave under pressure in a situation like this. I should have held firm and told him to STFU about his fake ass ace :roll:

That's pretty much why that syle of target is being completely phased out. It's a little too subjective. That sucks, either he got an ace and couldn't really celebrate, or he didn't get the ace, and won instead of tied with you. Either way sucks.

Hard to call. One time I think I hit some chains on my drive, but my friend said it was someone else at a nearby basket. I could have swore it was my disc, but you never know. Of course it was just to say I hit chain. If it was an ace in the basket, there would be no denying it. I have never seen a tone pole, any of those in Texas?

If it skipped it could of sent a small stone into the pole which would have emitted the sound he thought he heard.

Object targets suck and often lead to controversy.

Latest posts