• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzz mold variations

I just got these and hot damn they look nice. I am gonna have to dye them so I can see them but they are flatter than the ones that I just flattened myself. Can't wait to throw them.

booter said:
so um.....let me know what you wanna do with those rocs you dont wanna use anymore :mrgreen:

I got like 300 discs sitting in my closet. I'm gonna start putting them on here for sale soon. There are like 30 rocs in that 300 that I will probably be willing to get rid of. It will help me commit to discs.

FFS man don't sell your Rocs, no matter how much you think you love whatever magical mid you are throwing you'll regret it later......i speak from experience :cry:

but if so sell em to me :twisted:

I haven't made it to the factory in the past week or so but I heard they ran some Glo Z Buzzz SS's.

For my money (that is back when I used to actually pay for plastic) a flat top Z Buzzz of any run is a great disc. They are surprisingly consistent. I had one in the bag for a couple years then lost it. I was horrified. So I pulled a dozen new ones out and threw them back and forth in a field for an hour, playing catch with a buddy. These were from different runs, in different colors and different weights. They all flew the same. I ended up choosing the new one for the bag based on which one looked the coolest.

Mark Ellis said:
I haven't made it to the factory in the past week or so but I heard they ran some Glo Z Buzzz SS's.

I hope your right on this!!! I will buy 5+ if they did.

Mark Ellis said:

For my money (that is back when I used to actually pay for plastic) a flat top Z Buzzz of any run is a great disc. They are surprisingly consistent. I had one in the bag for a couple years then lost it. I was horrified. So I pulled a dozen new ones out and threw them back and forth in a field for an hour, playing catch with a buddy. These were from different runs, in different colors and different weights. They all flew the same. I ended up choosing the new one for the bag based on which one looked the coolest.

Mark...thanks for chiming in out the DGR boards.....it is awesome to have people like you on here!

Mark Ellis said:

I agree 100%. I have too many flat topped Buzzzes (if there is such a thing) and when I take a bunch out to the field they all fly pretty much the same. The only real difference is that some of them, depending on plastic or weight, flip at a little different speed which is noticeable only in a headwind or when throwing them really hard. The other differences are like tasting a bunch of fine wines...most people would think they taste basically the same--good. Only seasoned Buzzz throwers could really discern the minute differences between FRs, 2FRs, different Z runs, and Glos.

discspeed said:
Mark Ellis said:

I agree 100%. I have too many flat topped Buzzzes (if there is such a thing) and when I take a bunch out to the field they all fly pretty much the same. The only real difference is that some of them, depending on plastic or weight, flip at a little different speed which is noticeable only in a headwind or when throwing them really hard. The other differences are like tasting a bunch of fine wines...most people would think they taste basically the same--good. Only seasoned Buzzz throwers could really discern the minute differences between FRs, 2FRs, different Z runs, and Glos.

Z Glo Buzzzes have a great amount of stability to them. They do tend to be a tick more stable than the regular Z's. Although I can throw the heavier ones farther than the lighter ones...this is an anamoly in mid-world for me because I always threw 171-172 rocs farther than heavier ones??????????

I was wondering about the difference between domey and flat X Buzzzs

Does Discspeed or Mark Ellis have some input?? :wink: :D

Danforth said:
I was wondering about the difference between domey and flat X Buzzzs

Does Discspeed or Mark Ellis have some input?? :wink: :D

In X plastic they're not all that much different. The domey ones have a little more carry, but the flatter ones fly more like other Buzzzes. My X Buzzz is pretty flat, but still has a little more dome than my Glo Z Buzzz.

discspeed said:
In X plastic they're not all that much different. The domey ones have a little more carry, but the flatter ones fly more like other Buzzzes. My X Buzzz is pretty flat, but still has a little more dome than my Glo Z Buzzz.

I got a glow buzzz recently that is borderline concave. Are these things typically quite flat or did I get an "extra flat" one?

josser said:
discspeed said:

I got a glow buzzz recently that is borderline concave. Are these things typically quite flat or did I get an "extra flat" one?

Glow D or Glow Z? All my GLo Z Buzzzes are perfectly flat, not concave. I don't like concave ones. Maybe its just a cosmetic thing, but I always feel like they're more flippy and glide less. Really, I just don't like the feel under the rim of the flight plate encroaching on my gripping area. I just tested a Glow Z Buzzz SS like this and I really disliked it.

discspeed said:
josser said:

Glow D or Glow Z? All my GLo Z Buzzzes are perfectly flat, not concave. I don't like concave ones. Maybe its just a cosmetic thing, but I always feel like they're more flippy and glide less. Really, I just don't like the feel under the rim of the flight plate encroaching on my gripping area. I just tested a Glow Z Buzzz SS like this and I really disliked it.

It's a Glow Z. It's not actually concave, but it is soooo flat that it freaks me out.

I just bought two z buzzes that are dead flat and fly just like my FRs. I've got two glows on order that should be here early next week. I'll post my impressions of them then.

Just afraid of losing my last FR...now I know the goodness can continue!

Daniel