• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Dave-- what if you ran a DG store and so did your neighbor where you both order from DC to get BuzzzOS's for your customers. Release day comes and your neighbor is frolicking in his yard in a pile of buzzOS's while you get a blanket email saying to just hit the snooze button.

Your customers come walking down the street and you are a sleep while your neighbor rakes his lawn from all the cash which people threw at him while frolicking in the buzzzz pile. Next week comes by and you get your buzzzOS only to have to drive to a different neighborhood and sell in a unfamiliar area to unwanting buyers.

.....(now just imagine if you were a major retailer who's business relies on getting product which you order in a timely fashion to tell to your customers)....

Discraft is in the wholesale business of disc golf and supposedly #2 in the world with 35 years of excellence or whatever they use for a slogan'

Dave-- what if you ran a DG store and so did your neighbor where you both order from DC to get BuzzzOS's for your customers. Release day comes and your neighbor is frolicking in his yard in a pile of buzzOS's while you get a blanket email saying to just hit the snooze button.

Your customers come walking down the street and you are a sleep while your neighbor rakes his lawn from all the cash which people threw at him while frolicking in the buzzzz pile. Next week comes by and you get your buzzzOS only to have to drive to a different neighborhood and sell in a unfamiliar area to unwanting buyers.

.....(now just imagine if you were a major retailer who's business relies on getting product which you order in a timely fashion to tell to your customers)....

Discraft is in the wholesale business of disc golf and supposedly #2 in the world with 35 years of excellence or whatever they use for a slogan'

yup. its BS.

Ok. Who are they doing this to and what are your sources?

I picked out the one closest to flat that was also blue, a lot of them were puddles. Judging from Zones and Glo Buzzzes, the puddle top should make them more OS, not less?

sounds like that is not the case--- from a sale thread:

....new Z Buzzz OS with just the Discraft logo. This particular run came out with a sunken top. Like a putter with such a top, it loses a touch of high speed stability as well as develops a little more glide. I threw its twin against a regular Z Buzzz OS and you will see a difference in the initial portion of its flight.

For approximately 80% of its flight, imagine powering up a regular Buzzz but holding that Buzzz like line. Only at the end does its healthy fade really kick in.

Little less OS'

Here's the letter sent to retailers...seems a bit abrasives to me, but I'm sure they are under tons of stress:

"Sorry, no eta.* I am unable to ask the plant about specific orders as that will just slow things down.

Here is the latest notice from Discraft:

Demand for the newly-released Buzzz OS has been extremely high.

As a result, your existing order may be turned around more slowly than normal. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND RESIST THE URGE TO ASK ABOUT YOUR ORDER, it will be shipped to you as quickly as possible.

When we stated at release time that Buzzz OS may be the most anticipated release in our company's 35-year history, it was not puffery. Chances are good you have already had many customers asking about it. If you have not yet placed an order for Buzzz OS, we STRONGLY recommend you place your order this week if you would like to offer your customers a first run copy, as REQUESTS WILL BE FILLED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE RECEIVED."

Lol for them anticipating it to be the most anticipated disc of the companies 35yrs they sure screwed the pooch on supplying enough for the demand.

When we stated at release time that Buzzz OS may be the most anticipated release in our company's 35-year history, it was not puffery. Chances are good you have already had many customers asking about it. If you have not yet placed an order for Buzzz OS, we STRONGLY recommend you place your order this week if you would like to offer your customers a first run copy, as REQUESTS WILL BE FILLED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE RECEIVED."

there you go Dave, they knew it was going to be popular and they still blundered it. disc was approved july 19th, plenty of time to get a nice large stockpile ready to ship.

Soooo do we really need this? I use the wasp and the buzzz, wont there be too much overlap?

It's a bit like the Buzzz SS they released which flies pretty much like a comet anyway.

My bag is comet, buzzz, wasp, drone. Anyone have any convincing argument why i need a 5th midrange?

Personally, I don't see it as overlap if two discs have the same flight, but a drastically different feel. The Buzzz SS and Comet are two examples. They are capable of flying similar lines, sure, but they are very different shapes. For this reason, I would much rather buy a Buzzz SS than a Comet, not because of any flight differences, but because I prefer the way it feels.

Similarly, even if the Wasp and Buzzz OS have the same flight (they don't, but that's not the point I'm trying to make), I won't see it as overlap, because the two discs feel very different. For this reason, if I felt a need to use a disc with the type of flight provided by either of those two discs, I would prefer one disc to the other simply based on the in-hand feel of the disc.

this was no blunder. big hype + *seemingly* limited supply = inflated demand. solid move discraft.

Might be time to take some of the club stock to the MP if demand is more than the supply. Kind of surprised myself at how much in demand this is as it was not really on my radar. But slap the Buzzz(R) name on it and watch people go nuts.

The ones I got to see from a couple different sources were pretty pearly, especially the blue ones.

Lol for them anticipating it to be the most anticipated disc of the companies 35yrs they sure screwed the pooch on supplying enough for the demand.

and wouldn't appear to be handling like a 35 year old company IMO should. That email is almost a bit on the disrespectful side being it was sent to those who are moving the product in the first place.

"WE WILL TAKE YOUR $$$ FIRST COME FIRST SERVE but... cant tell you when you get the product sorry"

there you go Dave, they knew it was going to be popular and they still blundered it. disc was approved july 19th, plenty of time to get a nice large stockpile ready to ship.

Approved July 19th. That was a Saturday (unless it was some year other than 2014). So, that's 13 working days. What is Discrafts production capacity?

Let's say they made only the new discs for the past 13 working days, how many discs would that be? How many discs SHOULD they have made?

They blundered. So what? I will bet you all the money in my wallet they will make more - just let me stop at the ATM first.

and wouldn't appear to be handling like a 35 year old company IMO should. That email is almost a bit on the disrespectful side being it was sent to those who are moving the product in the first place.

"WE WILL TAKE YOUR $$$ FIRST COME FIRST SERVE but... cant tell you when you get the product sorry"

Exactly my point. It sounds abrasive. Not so much rude, but more like they are under some serious stress to get these out. The pressure has to be on them, ad they have been losing market ground the last few years. In addition, trying to pump out a crap load of discs in not much time could lead to some big QC issues. If they put out some stable to understable Buzzz OS' that would be a big deal for the end line consumer, if not the retailer who sold it.

So yeah, sounds like they needed a much better plan for this one.

Innova also blew through more Roc3 than they expected. DD keeps running out of Daggers and Missilens. It happens. Its a good thing manufacturers can't meet demand.

Latest posts