• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] CAL MOLD QUESTION

discanova

There is a new cal mold teebird for sale at the local bowling shop but it has a teebird + stamp on it. Is there such thing? This shop is a honey hole. Many cal mold banshees, pre flight eagles, teebirds and others , pre flight kc pro aviars and rocs. Very little www molds. But I was curious as to whether or not there is a cal teebird +.

No proof, but it wouldn't seem crazy that it either A.) sat after production for a while EDIT: before being stamped..., or B.) pulled a 10th anniversary Buzzz and had a reproduction somewhere along the lines. I don't throw TBs so I'm no expert, but it's likely the "lesser of two evils."

I'm familiar with Innova's "+" mold: slight slant to the inner lip of rim so "disc releases easier."
Some like it, some don't. :|
This is the first I've ever heard about a CAL mold. What's the CAL mold all about?

Last edited:
Thanks. If the eagles and banshees have no flight info can they still be + mold?

I have only seen eagle plus's that are cfr never seen one that is stock and the opposite for the banshees. But generally if they say distance driver instead of fairway driver and are cal mold then they are not plus mold

I have only seen eagle plus's that are cfr never seen one that is stock and the opposite for the banshees. But generally if they say distance driver instead of fairway driver and are cal mold then they are not plus mold

Last question answered. The teebirds were the only ones that said fairway, I wondered why the others said distance. Thanks for answering the noob questions...

This is the first I've ever heard about a CAL mold. What's the CAL mold all about?

The original 11x runs had CAL. on the patent markings. Late 11x runs (not same) and 12x have just CA. Other than plastic, I've noticed no real difference in the molds, maybe 11xs being a little flatter ?

The original 11x runs had CAL. on the patent markings. Late 11x runs (not same) and 12x have just CA. Other than plastic, I've noticed no real difference in the molds, maybe 11xs being a little flatter ?
Yeah, the tooling changed at some point making some people believe that the shape of the mold changed, but there's no evidence that happened. Mostly it's a way to differentiate between runs.

Last question answered. The teebirds were the only ones that said fairway, I wondered why the others said distance. Thanks for answering the noob questions...

The ones that say distance driver are older and are from the 11x era I believe. They are 100% not plus molds. People generally like these better.