• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Catrina Allen Prediction Thread

Am I the only one who's weirded out and kinda put off by the title of this thread??

I had no "gripe" just a comment on an open forum anyway, I said it, the response was what it was and now people are arguing about that, dear lord this has gotten silly.

Hehe, I just wanted to say "Grip's Gripe" and your grumble seemed close enough to make it work.

I could start a thread about Elaine. How she showed up to help install the first public course in Louisburg, NC. How she is a destroyer of vines and briars of the first order. And that she was not shy about telling me to bring my loppers over there when she got hold of a vine she couldn't rip from the trees with her gloved hands.

Well darn that's the entire thread. Nevermind.

Well, the thread ends with her getting ignored by Discraft

Guys, Cat and I would like you know that we appreciate your interest in our personal life and all is well, just be respectful. It's understandable that people on the internet will speculate wildly and there's not much you can do about it, because:

iu

No, we're not actually together
Or are we? ;)
No, not really. Lighten up, Francis.

Catrina played well in Las Vegas, played smart "Sexton golf", and appeared to be happier and having fun out there. Good job, Catrina! :thmbup:

It was Cat's tournament to win. To my eyes...the only thing separating her and Paige technically is Paige has a better put from outside the circle and isn't afraid to go for it.

To my eyes...the only thing separating her and Paige technically is Paige has a better put from outside the circle and isn't afraid to go for it.

This is exactly what I have been saying. I am a Paige Pierce fan, but I think Cat played very well at Las Vegas and looked like she was quite comfortable in her game and was enjoying herself.

I'm really pulling for Catrina this year and was bummed to see her fall into a tie for 2nd. I like that she isn't wearing the headphones, (even though another one of my favs. J. Allen wears them). Cat seems more relaxed, but still has that competitive edge. It was nice to see her congratulate Paige on the win in such a genuine way. I have historically rooted for Val but with her playing less and less I have to move my fandom to others. So this year I'm rooting for Catrina and Lisa Fajkus. Really excited for the 2018 season.

It was just really nice seeing some new names and faces in the top of the pack. Cat played amazing all weekend, just a couple bad breaks from taking down the W. This weekend should be really interesting to see. Same type of golf, but Paige's distance won't have such a huge advantage in AZ. I hope to see a great variety on the lead card like we did this past weekend.

It was just really nice seeing some new names and faces in the top of the pack. Cat played amazing all weekend, just a couple bad breaks from taking down the W. This weekend should be really interesting to see. Same type of golf, but Paige's distance won't have such a huge advantage in AZ. I hope to see a great variety on the lead card like we did this past weekend.

I feel like her distance gave her an advantage on a couple of holes that she could reach with accuracy, and a couple of landing zones she could get to with hyzers. In other places I feel like she got baited into trying to be a hero because she has the possibility of doing it, and took some extra strokes from being really aggressive. She has the ability if she throws perfect shots to take a bunch of strokes from basically everyone in FPO, but the problem is nobody throws perfect shots all the time. So she was taking quite a few penalties that others were not.

But, that 460'ish parked drive was incredible.

To my eyes...the only thing separating her and Paige technically is Paige has a better put from outside the circle and isn't afraid to go for it.

One thing I noticed in the last round was that Cat turned over a couple of her drives a little TOO much. Maybe not realizing her own strength, there? So maybe she throws a more stable disc, or aims differently, and corrects that. Meanwhile, Paige was pretty spot-on in her accuracy the last three rounds.

I do think Paige is the overall stronger player, but Cat was definitely playing better this past weekend than last year, so we'll get to see a lot more competitive DG this year...

One thing I noticed in the last round was that Cat turned over a couple of her drives a little TOO much. Maybe not realizing her own strength, there? So maybe she throws a more stable disc, or aims differently, and corrects that. Meanwhile, Paige was pretty spot-on in her accuracy the last three rounds.

Cat seems to throw with a pretty wide arm swing. Her misses tend to be "griplocks"...or rather her torso opens and she still has the wide arm and it goes quite right. Paige is a lot more straight line and her shanks tend to be early releases/disc slips. I've definitely noticed that trend too though of how each of them tend to miss.

It's not a criticism, both have great form and both crush drives. Just interesting that they tend to miss opposite directions when it happens.

Latest posts