• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Viper

Truwaco

Anybody else bag the Champion Viper? I love mine!
58a8441d34fef98199c57f6fe9177b56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carried a Tachyon 4.1 for a few years and loved it. If Champ Vipers were easier to get, or the MOAB had come out a year sooner I would definitely bag one.

Graduated from the tachyon lf 4.1 to the champ viper. It's easier to find, more durable, and equally useful.

One of uncle uses a Viper in DX and then has or had a Champion one he found on a local course. His Champion one is not like the ones they make now with logo look but a Champion style logo from the 2000's.

I was flipping through a used bin and found a Champ Viper. Somebody wiped the stamp. Why would you do that? Anyway, $6 in good condition so I bought it.

I have no use for this disc. It overlaps with a bunch of discs I already have. It adds nothing to my bag. It should be sitting on a shelf in my basement.

I love throwing it, though. It's in the bag. I throw it all the time. I have no idea why, it's a just Viper.

I need help. :|

It's really kinda dumb, but I've been throwing it in places where I usually threw a Sentinel and places where I usually threw a Banshee. The Banshee I still use for sidearm/utility shots but I've pretty much stopped throwing the Sentinel. I'm not emotionally prepared to declare a Viper as my OS mid, so the Sentinel is still in my bag. For now. I've been kinda waiting for the Viper to skip and give me some trouble, but I haven't had that issue yet.

I'm kinda tempted to dig out a DX Viper and give it some throws now.

I really like to sidearm vipers

I bagged the champ and a couple DX for a while

I liked these a lot but once I found the trident I don't need to switch back. Trident feels way better for forehands and is available in premium plastics. Of course it did have to go OOP.. :'(

At this point, I don't see the Viper as a particularly unique disc that I can't live without. There are plenty of options to put together a solid bag and NOT have a Viper in there. I actually got rid of Vipers for X-Clones in '96. Never looked back. Replaced X-Clones with Banshees/EXP1's in '98. Still throw them. The Viper thing is a huge goof for me, but they are fun to throw.

Can't forehand them, though. They wobble like all Hell. It's the archer. :|

Though they were. Yeah. I just wanted to see where the wing hits by comparison.

Straight curiosity. I like the MOAB.

It is the ViperX mold, sorry. not the standard viper mold

Viper X was the 4.1 Tachyon. I believe. Modified Viper. Viper X. Flatter and more OS. I believe.

That's why I wanted to see them side-by-each.

Viper X was the 4.1 Tachyon. I believe. Modified Viper. Viper X. Flatter and more OS. I believe.

That's why I wanted to see them side-by-each.

It is cool to hold a normal viper next to the X. The X is much more blunt and the rim is taller