• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Claymore vs Evidence

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
I throw a few Claymores but am intrigued by what I've heard so far from the Evidence. Compare these two.

I just recently got an evidence and have been testing it against some other Trilogy mids trying to solidify my mid lineup to 3 discs. I'd rate the ones I'm working out from most stable to least as Verdict>Truth>Evidence>Claymore. The Evidence fits in well with these other discs with similar great distance and glide for the speed class. It has just a touch more fade than the Claymore and just a touch less than the Truth.

I just recently got an evidence and have been testing it against some other Trilogy mids trying to solidify my mid lineup to 3 discs. I'd rate the ones I'm working out from most stable to least as Verdict>Truth>Evidence>Claymore. The Evidence fits in well with these other discs with similar great distance and glide for the speed class. It has just a touch more fade than the Claymore and just a touch less than the Truth.

Interesting. So the Evidence is more neutral-stable than understable? Kinda want an understable DD mid.

Looks very Buzzz-like. I'll stick with my Buzzz's, best mid in the game.

Bit faster then a Buzzz. But yeah, similar flight wise it seems.

I was hoping the Evidence would be a bit more understable. Still I'm stoked to try it out if anyone wants to give theirs up. I already bag a couple Truths and Claymores so maybe an Evidence fit in there.

Last edited:
Interesting. So the Evidence is more neutral-stable than understable? Kinda want an understable DD mid.

It definitely has some turn but has a touch of fade at the end as well. I'm sure bigger arms will see more turn than fade while smaller arms may see the opposite. For me the turn and fade average out to pretty close to even on the evidence. Thrown RHBH on similar throws the Evidence is consistently left of my claymores - not by much but maybe 10-15 feet on average.

Bit faster then a Buzzz. But yeah, similar flight wise it seems.

I was hoping the Evidence would be a bit more understable. Still I'm stoked to try it out if anyone wants to give theirs up. I already bag a couple Truths and Claymores so maybe an Evidence fit in there.

Not flat-topped ESP's :)

Not flat-topped ESP's :)

The Evidence is very similar to a Truth spec wise and I've thrown a Flat Top ESP Buzzz against a Truth. The Truth is a faster/longer disc. It has quite a bit wider wing, you can't argue the physics. Truths are flat topped as well.

The Truth is more of a tweener disc vs the Buzzz (a true Mid). Have you thrown a Squall? I suspect a Squall is more similar to the Evidence distance wise.

The Evidence is very similar to a Truth spec wise and I've thrown a Flat Top ESP Buzzz against a Truth. The Truth is a faster/longer disc. It has quite a bit wider wing, you can't argue the physics. Truths are flat topped as well.

The Truth is more of a tweener disc vs the Buzzz (a true Mid). Have you thrown a Squall? I suspect a Squall is more similar to the Evidence distance wise.

What's the rim width on the Evidence?

I've thrown a Squall, still have it floating around somewhere. And I have a Truth, Lucid. I definitely agree with you on the Truth vs Buzzz, it's faster and longer range.

What's the rim width on the Evidence?

I've thrown a Squall, still have it floating around somewhere. And I have a Truth, Lucid. I definitely agree with you on the Truth vs Buzzz, it's faster and longer range.

PDGA has it listed as 1.4 but inside diameter is 18.7, so I suspect it's closer to the 1.5 with it being a 21.7 disc.

Not as long as a Warship - very similar to a Claymore, depending on plastics. I think I'd give the nod to the Claymore: feels better in the hand to me.

From the video, it looks like it might be the best DD mid yet. Neutral with a hint of fade.

I agree it's probably their best yet. Most people don't throw with high power so this would probably be the straighter then a Truth and stable enough.

I have been testing one just for the hell of it after losing all but one of my Truths and the one I had left is fairly understable(Fuzion). The Evidence actually flew a bit more stable than the Truth I had left but you could certainly get it to turn. I feel like it might have a bit more glide than my truth and actually powered down quite well to fly really straight. The Evidence can ride a nice anny line and still flex out a bit at the end.

Never thrown a Claymore but my Evidence flies more understable than stable. I thought Claymores were Core replacements? If so, the Evidence is definitely more US than the Cores I've thrown. I'd say the Evidence is close to a Squall. I can hyzerflip mine fairly easily and just about have to if I rip into it hard. Otherwise it turns fairly easily. It does fade back towards the end but it feels more like speed stability or newness than definite LSS.

Never thrown a Claymore, but I found Evidence 5o be very buzzz-like, and a straighter flyer than my ESP Buzzz. Im.bagging it for sure.

Now I know I am lost on the constant triology offerings. I have been so happy with my truths that I don't want to reconize the fact another offering might be better. Please tell me it isn't so. I don't even have my truths broken in yet.

Truth beats both for stability, even the Buzzz. Claymore = Buzzz is a good analogy. Evidence might be a tick less stable, or very close. We'll see when the production version comes out in a variety of plastics.

Truth is a great mid. Reminds me of my beloved Pains. Stable - workable.

Latest posts