• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Clutch

Are icon clutch noticeably more stable than the gravity/protege clutches?

I've thrown 3 Icons and over a dozen Gravity/Protege for reference. No, they're not noticeably more stable, but they keep their stability longer due to the premium plastic. Track down a Legend if you want a tick more stability, or try to pair them with another more overstable mold.

Awesome that's what I wanted to hear, already throw the P2. Glad to hear there will be no overlap.

I have been messing with Clutches lately and I am enjoying them. They are surprisingly awesome off the tee.

Anyway, has anyone thrown a glow plastic Clutch? I am not familiar with Legacy's glow plastic, so I was unsure what those feel/fly like vs. other plastic. Any insight is appreciated.

I have been messing with Clutches lately and I am enjoying them. They are surprisingly awesome off the tee.

Anyway, has anyone thrown a glow plastic Clutch? I am not familiar with Legacy's glow plastic, so I was unsure what those feel/fly like vs. other plastic. Any insight is appreciated.

The glow clutch is very nice, I have a couple and they are very stiff compared to icon and a bit more stable.

I've been thinking about getting a clutch. I use a similar grip and putt to Rico. And I hear nothing but good things about the discs. Can I get a profile shot.

White Protege Clutch.

Attachments

• 1497544004335-47227011.jpg
    1497544004335-47227011.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 49
Clutch is a fine putt and approach disc. Nice combination of glide and stability.

What plastic and weights are you looking for?

I just got my protege clutch, a lot less stiff than I expected, also very slick. Most notably after one 9 hole round of just hitting basket and chains, it took a big nick in the flight plate. Hope it's more durable than it seems so far. Also maybe after a few rounds it won't be so slick.

I just got my protege clutch, a lot less stiff than I expected, also very slick. Most notably after one 9 hole round of just hitting basket and chains, it took a big nick in the flight plate. Hope it's more durable than it seems so far. Also maybe after a few rounds it won't be so slick.

I've had some protege ghosts that started out really slick and ended up nice and grippy after a few rounds.

Yeah just put another round under it's belt and it already feels a lot nicer. Just need to get used to how deep it is then I'll be set. Really enjoy the flight.

So, I'm starting to putt with the Clutch again after a 2 year hiatus. When Legacy first ran protege Clutches they were stiff with some surface grip. Later runs of protege were not nearly as stiff.
What do current runs of the protege Clutch feel like? I noticed they have a new stamp.

My main putters are white protege (new stamp) clutches and they are pretty stiff, but slick at first. They break in nicely and have a lot more grip once beaten in a bit. I have a couple blues as well and they are ever so slightly softer with a tad more grip out of the box. Not a massive difference, though.

Thanks. I'll pick up a few and put them in the practice rotation. I'm thinking about trying a lighter weight clutch for outside the circle putts.

Ok, so I picked up a new white protoge clutch. It has a little more flex and a little more grip than my old protege clutches.
Does anyone carry a premium plastic clutch? I usually don't carry premium putters but if a premium clutch has some grip and isn't bloated I might give it a try.

I carry an Icon an it's no different in feel than the 20ish Gravity Clutches I have. Used to own a handful of Legends and those did feel slightly beefier in the hand but even those were barely noticeable.

I just switched to the Clutch from Pa4s. I feel like with the Clutch I am getting a very clean release. What I like is that it seems very easy for me to feel the center of mass of the disc in my grip which helps me be target oriented with a good firm putt. I'm a push putter and I really like the spring from the protege but I suspect that as the temps get colder in the pacific northwest, I'll like the increased grip and give off the gravity. Both are very solid offerings that suit my grip and putting some quite well.

I carry an Icon an it's no different in feel than the 20ish Gravity Clutches I have. Used to own a handful of Legends and those did feel slightly beefier in the hand but even those were barely noticeable.

I picked up a couple gravity clutches that I'm liking for tee shots and approaches. My local shop has a few Icons, I think I'll give one a try.

Ok, so I picked up a new white protoge clutch. It has a little more flex and a little more grip than my old protege clutches.
Does anyone carry a premium plastic clutch? I usually don't carry premium putters but if a premium clutch has some grip and isn't bloated I might give it a try.

I carry a Legend Clutch that feels great, and I throw it when I want just a little extra stability over the Proteges. Honestly, though, the Proteges fly so well off the tee I sometimes wonder why I bag the Legend at all. In most cases the Proteges cover everything I need.