• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cologne, Germany

I know this is probably a bit of a stretch, but does anyone know of any good courses in/around Cologne Germany? I'd have to give up about half of my carry-on luggage space for a few discs and my shoes, so I want to make certain it's going to be worth it before I commit.

I live not that far away from cologne. I know some courses here in the area (but not all of them). I can recommend to play in Dortmund and Lünen which is a little drive of an 1 and 1/2 hour from cologne. I don't know of any course in cologne. The nearest course should be in Neuss (maybe about 50km from cologne). But the last time I was there it was missing proper tee signs and a course plan.

In Dortmund you got a nice diversified course with all sort of holes (open shots, double-mando through trees, over water, along water etc.) Here is a plan for that course: http://gw-kley.de/discgolf/discgolf-wischlingen/

In Lünen you got 2 seperate courses ("Seepark" and "Alte Ziegelei") with 12 holes each. "Seepark" has shorter but more technical holes. They are all very nearby and if you play Solo a round will be around 30 minutes. ;) It has some nice "over-creek-shots" and some death putt-holes.
"Ziegelei" has more open holes and they are all longer.

There are also two courses east of cologne (dont know how long you drive there...but must be around 1hour also) where I have not been yet. "Bad Fredeburg" and "Meinerzhagen".

Here you got a map of all courses in Germany: http://www.discgolf.de/parcours/#map_top

I think you can find every of these courses here at DGCR (database).

If you have more questions, you can sure ask me ;)

Thank you Zyro. I was hoping there were some in Cologne that just weren't on the map. I would love to play the courses in Dortmund, but the way my days are scheduled I wouldn't be able to get there and back in time.

Since DG isn't going to work, are there any suggestions for other things to do in Cologne? I've been there a few times over the past few years so I've done all the normal tourist things.

Latest posts