• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet for putting?

I sometimes use the comet for longer putts, especially uphillers.

I imagine if I tried putting with my Z comet, it would bounce out every time. But I've never tried it so i dont know.

I seen this thread and decided to give it a go today.

All I got to say is the comet is money for my putting style.It's easy to control on shorter and straddle putts.When I'm putting outside of 30ft the thing looks like it's on a rope and catches the chains better than my other putters.With my other putters I have to put some speed on it to get it to the basket,with the Comet I don't need that speed,all I need is accuracy and control.

If you look at it this way the disc is a mid-range,but it has a speed of 4.Just a tick faster than your highest speed putters.So in my books the Comet is a Control Putter/Driver just because it's so easy to tone the speed down on whatever putt you are going for.

I'm going to be working with it more in the coming weeks and grab me 2 more Elite X Comets.They seem to catch the chains a bit more than the Z plastic.The Z plastic does have it's use though.I noticed on putts that need hyzer the Z plastic works better than the Elite X plastic.

Latest posts