• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Comparing Aviar, Luna, and P2 Sales Over Time

It would probably be more informative if it somehow let you know about stock. If you got 40 Lunas in and sold them all in a week while you had 100 Aviars in stock and during the month sold 40 of them, that's two different stories that on this chart would look the same. Ah, the limitations of line charts.

The inclusion of the P2 is interesting since the Big Three putters were always Aviar/Wizard/Challenger; it makes sense that the Luna replaces the Challenger these days, but I would have guessed the Wizard was still around the top in putter sales. I've been wrong before, though.

It would probably be more informative if it somehow let you know about stock. If you got 40 Lunas in and sold them all in a week while you had 100 Aviars in stock and during the month sold 40 of them, that's two different stories that on this chart would look the same. Ah, the limitations of line charts.

The inclusion of the P2 is interesting since the Big Three putters were always Aviar/Wizard/Challenger; it makes sense that the Luna replaces the Challenger these days, but I would have guessed the Wizard was still around the top in putter sales. I've been wrong before, though.

Dynamic Disc Fanboys have a Wizard like disc with the Wardern, so does MVP/Axiom for those who like MVP/Axiom, a few of the other companies do that have discs made by Gateway, and DGA Steady, so the putter sales for Wizard is not what it used to be.

I would have thought that the big 3 putters right now would be the Aviar/Luna/Steady with a bigger company Discraft/DGA having the most Wizard like disc brought on the market that players can use not made by Gateway for a company. Steady I thought would replace the Wizard due to the Discraft P/P/P mania going on, DGA is just the side company of Discraft since Discraft bought out DGA before I started playing in 2003.

Dynamic Disc Fanboys have a Wizard like disc with the Wardern, so does MVP/Axiom for those who like MVP/Axiom, a few of the other companies do that have discs made by Gateway, and DGA Steady, so the putter sales for Wizard is not what it used to be.

I would have thought that the big 3 putters right now would be the Aviar/Luna/Steady with a bigger company Discraft/DGA having the most Wizard like disc brought on the market that players can use not made by Gateway for a company. Steady I thought would replace the Wizard due to the Discraft P/P/P mania going on, DGA is just the side company of Discraft since Discraft bought out DGA before I started playing in 2003.
Discraft makes most of DGA's discs, but they don't own DGA.

(Reminder we can't show exact numbers, only comparisons).

Why can't you show exact numbers? Honestly graphs without any labels on the axes don't mean much of anything. Also, sales numbers versus what you stock would be nice to see. Like, when you have spikes for the Luna, did you sell out your stock very quickly? Did you sell 40 lunas in that spike month, vs 4 aviars? There's a lot that isn't explained that would be useful information, if not for us - for other people who run brick and mortar shops.

Discraft makes most of DGA's discs, but they don't own DGA.

I think most sane people have an approximate knowledge that Discraft makes DGA discs, and DGA makes Discraft baskets.

misleading graph

really only tells us that all three sold some discs

but you know someone is going to take this on fb to show their friends or league of whats the "best"

Chart makes the P2 look like a chump in comparison despite being at the top of weekly sales charts consistently

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

For whatever reason, everyone I knew who played disc golf a decade ago, in my area was a beaded putter thrower. KC Pros, Wizards, and Challengers.

Latest posts