• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool Story

Um yeah...that's from Texas. Like they even know what frozen is. Dumb, dumb, and more dumb. They even used the wrong version of you're in there. That's solid journalism, yo. The only impressive thing about that story is that people from Texas actually have clothes suitable for 40 degrees.

Up here, we play in cold that journalists won't even brave...at least not for disc golf stories.

Um yeah...that's from Texas. Like they even know what frozen is. Dumb, dumb, and more dumb. They even used the wrong version of you're in there. That's solid journalism, yo. The only impressive thing about that story is that people from Texas actually have clothes suitable for 40 degrees.

Up here, we play in cold that journalists won't even brave...at least not for disc golf stories.

Abilene, TX...probably a college intern journalist. Our future. :doh:

Hey, coverage is coverage. Whether or not you want to #growthegame, or not, exposure means that when you take a plan to the city planning commission for a new course, you will be much less likely to get that dull stare that says, "you want us to allocate resources to what?"

Dang y'all drank some cranky koolaid, dude shares an article that gives our sport some positive publicity and you tear it apart like lions with a steak.

If anything I'm jealous that there's not a journalist at my course when I'm out playing at 30*F below zero writing about how hard core I am. This is texas we're talking about, water freezes at about 50*F there.

Thanks for sharing Dave, I always love reading about our sport, and my favorite type of disc golfers are the "hard core" ones.

This is a cool story, but the journalist may want to work on his grammar...

"Your our first interruption in three days,"

Still nice to see disc golf in the news though.

It is Abilene, TX and the journalism may not be up to standards, but like I said, I thought it was pretty cool to get a disc golf story in a newspaper. I don't live in Abilene; I am in Denton. It was 27 degrees this morning here with a 20 mph wind...(it was much colder in Abilene). There was ice in Abilene all over the roads this week, so those guys were playing in some very cold conditions. I give them credit.

dumb, dumb, and more dumb is this post ^^^

i've lived in DFW for 5 years and we've had ice storms every winter except one since i've lived here, it has snowed 3 different winters, and there have been temps in the teens or colder each year.

we get it, you guys have the coldest weather around. and nobody cares.

you should try not to post stuff that makes you look ignorant.

thanks for the story, Dave.

The thing about Texas is when it does get down into the teens, that is about a 90 degree difference from what we're used to pretty much year round. So to us, it's friggin COLD. Add in the Texas wind and it can make for pretty uncomfortable golf weather.