• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Videos

How do you feel about the video?

• Good, and it gives a feel for the course.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Good, but just for watching some discin'.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Yep, does nothing for me.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

MrDger

Par Member
I know I'm by far not the first person to do this, but I was checked out a new course the other day in Lorton, VA (Pohick Bay) and it's only about an hour away. After playing it, I wanted to go back to play a couple more rounds with a video camera since there are a few holes that are "aceable" and it wouldn't be a big deal to set up the camera at each hole. I ended up only recording 9 since I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. The end result I thought was pretty good for a first time, but more importantly, thought that it could definitely help someone get a really good feel for the course. I was just wondering what everyone thought about having a link to a video of the course on the course's page, and on top of that, if the video seemed to help at all.

:: Here's the video ::

pretty sweet...def a great idea, you might wanna change the pars to pro par though....or else your prolly gonna hear it from a lot of people :) .....good filming though, and nice shots...kudos!!

i dunno if this would work or not, but for a confusing course you could also do the walk from pin to pad, showing landmarks to help people find their way...for those courses that just aren't that begginer friendly

Last edited:
pretty sweet...def a great idea, you might wanna change the pars to pro par though....or else your prolly gonna hear it from a lot of people :) .....good filming though, and nice shots...kudos!!

i dunno if this would work or not, but for a confusing course you could also do the walk from pin to pad, showing landmarks to help people find their way...for those courses that just aren't that begginer friendly

haha, yeah i was figuring on hearing something about the par. I generally play everything par 3, and my home course is much harder and all par 3, but I just play whatever the signs say, even if it they call something a par 4, and it could almost be a par 2. I think the walk could help too on more confusing courses, maybe a photoshopped overlay of the hole at the beginning.

Thanks for the input guys.

love the tree shot on hole 3........VNS on hole 9.......love the soundtrack......I think you have a great idea for video links......

I'm glad you liked that shot, you can probably tell i was a little upset with it. my only true bad shot of the round though, and still pulled the 3, so i was fine with it.

I think the walk could help too on more confusing courses, maybe a photoshopped overlay of the hole at the beginning..

sounds good man, your def on the right track....im not sure if timg would be interested but if we could link these to a courses profile that would be a great add-on to the allready superb course directory....the more info the better ya know...and sometimes pictures just dont do a course justice...

we can even have a trusted producer award for those who create over 10 vids with 50 thumbs up :) what do you think timg? not about the trusted producer but adding these to course profiles?

sounds good man, your def on the right track....im not sure if timg would be interested but if we could link these to a courses profile that would be a great add-on to the allready superb course directory....the more info the better ya know...and sometimes pictures just dont do a course justice...

that's exactly what i was thinking, especially since this course only had 3 or 4 pictures, and with so many trees on some courses, pictures just don't really help.

I think its great and gives a great feel for the course - good work! Seeing the disc fly to the correct spot is valuable so editing out bad drives is no problem for me. On longer holes, where it is hard to really capture the full flight path of the disc, you might want to consider walking the entire hole with camera rolling and then speeding up 4x for playback.

I like the idea of having a video on the course page. Has anyone mentioned this to Tim yet?

Nice video! Whats with you and the really short courses in VA? If you are trying to rack up aces, I better see you Saturday at the Ace Race. I hit an ace last night at doubles!

i liked the video. nice work. it would be nice to see you tee off to the basket with like an overhanging arrow to see where the basket is, but then a cut to the shot of the camera by the basket with the disc 'incoming'...that way both the tee off and incoming shot give perspective.

GREAT WORK

Nice work, I think that gives a really good feel for the course. It should be pretty easy to add a link to the video in the files/links section even if tim decides not to put a videos section in.

I like the idea of having a video on the course page. Has anyone mentioned this to Tim yet?

You can put links to videos (youtube or other) onto the Links/Files tab. I strongly recommend that.

Timg has expressed concerns about bandwidth limitations/costs, so I doubt he will want to host the actual videos on this site.

Kanuga... The Next Cubby???

You could smile once in a while. :D I don't mean that you should be goofy about it or pose for the camera or anything, but making all of those birds ought to have you smilin' a little, right? And you're on the course, not at work. That's another thing to smile about.

Just givin' you a hard time. Nice work. This is the kind of video that I really enjoy watching on youtube. So yeah, if we had links from members to course videos like what you did that would be sweet.

And on #4 was your stance in the road? After you took your shot and that car went by I was like "holy cow that's close to the road!"

Nice idea. If you can keep it within 5 to 6 minutes maximum. To watch someone and be able get the feel is great. Someone with better legs to watch would be nice though.

Nice idea. If you can keep it within 5 to 6 minutes maximum. To watch someone and be able get the feel is great. Someone with better legs to watch would be nice though.

haha, i'll see if i can find someone for you