• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Undertaker really has surprised me...I just picked one up as a stable companion to the Sting and it really is turning into one of my favorite discs to throw BH and FH. That little bit of turn makes it incredibly versatile...I could eventually drop Stings once I get a Taker beaten in enough.
I'm having a hard time figuring out the Sting, it's sneaky long for what it supposed to be. For me there isn't a lot of gap from Sting to Heat, but I know there there should be. Either the Sting is longer than advertised or the Heat is shorter for me than advertised...can't figure it out. :confused:

I'm thinking with my old and busted arm the Undertaker is going to be too beefy for me if I'm getting stable flights out of Heats.

If they would just fix the website back to the kind of website it was, you could figure something out.

Right now if you look under "Drivers" on their website they list an Austin Turner Force, an ESP Heat, a Z Dyed Machete, and A Titanium Mantis. All of those discs on that tab look like they are for sale in one plastic. They are sold in other plastics that are listed on the "Distance Drivers" tab. Lol, even Discraft can't figure out how to use their website. It's just so awful, it's hard to investigate what options they have.

I've thrown a lot of Discraft over the years and still bag the APX, Comet and Cyclone. Honestly, the only new releases I've tried recently are Ace Race discs. The last time I checked out a new release from Discraft was when they were in the SS phase, either the Surge SS or the Avenger SS. They are just making it too hard for me to be able to figure out which ones I should try. Hopefully that is about to change.

Yep its a mess. I would like to see more plastic types on popular discs even compared to what's out there right now. They need to step up their shop vendor game too, not many shops around here carry much Discraft and we have GREAT shops.

I get the current marketing trend with superfoils and special edition stamps and dyes. Its just not relevant anymore. The Swirly ESP discs they ran for Ledgestone was the best decision they've made in a long time. Now they just need to make them available throughout the year. You can't put all your eggs in one basket.

Lastly Ti needs to be changed. The colors are downright awful.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the Sting, it's sneaky long for what it supposed to be. For me there isn't a lot of gap from Sting to Heat, but I know there there should be. Either the Sting is longer than advertised or the Heat is shorter for me than advertised...can't figure it out. :confused:

I'm thinking with my old and busted arm the Undertaker is going to be too beefy for me if I'm getting stable flights out of Heats.

I always thought the Heat was more stable than advertised...of course I was throwing pop-top high PLH Z's. The Sting is probably the longest speed 6 disc I've ever thrown, between the glide and understability, it just goes...but I never throw it without some hyzer.

. . . still bag the APX, Comet and Cyclone.

W71cwhU.gif

IMO The archer flies longer than listed, and so does the heat. I find the undertaker to fly about the same distance as the heat but you have to throw it with a bit more power.

Lastly Ti needs to be changed. The colors are downright awful.
I've never known what exactly Ti was supposed to be. More durable than...? More grip than...? All I've ever really understood about it is that it be run in some fugly colors that I would lose in a heartbeat.

I've never known what exactly Ti was supposed to be. More durable than...? More grip than...? All I've ever really understood about it is that it be run in some fugly colors that I would lose in a heartbeat.

2018 Ti is a little better but not great color-wise. Plastic is grippy and extremely durable though.

Just for you - I've seen 2 immaculate TP Cyclones in used bins in the last couple weeks.

2018 Ti is a little better but not great color-wise. Plastic is grippy and extremely durable though.

Just for you - I've seen 2 immaculate TP Cyclones in used bins in the last couple weeks.
TP is the WORST plastic to try to pick up used. For lack of a better explanation, we used to say it suffered "internal damage." I'd buy one and throw it and get it to where it was really flippy, like doggie-toy flippy. Sleepy scale 4. It would look like a 7. It was always like that, trading for Discraft discs in the 90's involved actually throwing the thing first. Somebody would have to be selling used TP for $2 for me to chance it.

I switched to ESP Cyclones and stocked up when they went OOP. If you see used ESP Cyclones, you know how to get ahold of me.

Ti plastic is gorgeous stuff, but I've never thrown a Ti disc I really liked. I've thrown several Nukes. They're all super overstable, glideless pigs. I agree the colors can be hard to see. I've found several that were either dark green or brownish/copper colored.

Ti has bright colors:
tinuke_max-br_1.png

The only runs that were muted and muddy were in the first year.
I don't find it much grippier than Z, though.

I do have a Ti Nuke that flips up nicely, and some Ti Undertakers that are my go to's, but usually stay clear of Ti.
I don't know enough about plastic blends and molding, but I feel like the more pearlescence added to the mix, the more variables. Again, this is based on very little empirical evidence, just a handful of examples and gut feeling.

I know nothing about plastics, molding, etc...but I do know Mantis mold up in TI with insane dome and I love it. Beyond that haven't noticed anything particularly outstanding or disappointing with TI.

I know nothing about plastics, molding, etc...but I do know Mantis mold up in TI with insane dome and I love it. Beyond that haven't noticed anything particularly outstanding or disappointing with TI.

Looks like i figured out my next disc purchase.

I've been interested in TI plastic since it came out but stayed away because of the lack bright colors until now. I now have an undertaker and sting that are my go to's but I got a crank that I can't seem to get along with. I feel like TI might not be the best distance plastic but that is from one sample.

Anyone bagging a Zombee these days? My personal favorite Discraft offering, and great for a "1 disc round".

Oh yeah, my TI zone has become a go to also.

Yessir, Ti Zones are sweet. I have several of the 2015 Ledgestones and they are indestructible. Picked up one of the new runs but haven't really thrown it. The new plastic is a touch more grippy and flexible. Barring losing them, I should be set for life.

Anyone bagging a Zombee these days? My personal favorite Discraft offering, and great for a "1 disc round".

I've got a 177g Big Z Zombie in my bag right now. It's a fairly new mold for me but I really like it. I think it flies like a seasoned Stalker. It will hyzer flip when I give it power where the Stalker will give me that fade at the end. I've got a lot of fairway drivers in my bag right now (FD3, Resistor, Teebird, Stalker, Zombie) & they all get used. Zombie is BH exclusive for me & seems like a mold that should be getting more attention. So useful for the majority of players.

Another thing to note is the Discraft page on instagram recently asked everyone what new things they want to see / making limited runs of things for their Black Friday sale. Infinite discs has a handful of new ESP flashes and MJ posted a spoiler pic of new swirly ESP bangers. So keep your eyes peeled!

For me, I tried the Archer (in Z) hoping it would be Stratus-esque. It didn't impress me with its glide, and the turn took a little too much power for what I was looking for. The Sting is a little faster (also in Z), but seems to be more what I was looking for in that Stratus-type disc.

As for the Undertaker, I'm curious what you'll think. As Streets said (below), it's got some beef but also enough turn to be very workable for almost any arm. You may use yours different than Doss does, but you'll find a use. Good disc. I've thrown a couple that are quite beefy (one high PLH Z, and a CryZtal sparkle Ledgestone 2017), but most have been much more workable (two dyed Zs and a plain Z).

The Heat hasn't made my bga for a similar reason. It gives me decent high speed turn, but all that I've tried seem to fade too hard at the end instead of getting the sustained right turn (or straight after turn) that I like in a good Valk.

Undertaker really has surprised me...I just picked one up as a stable companion to the Sting and it really is turning into one of my favorite discs to throw BH and FH. That little bit of turn makes it incredibly versatile...I could eventually drop Stings once I get a Taker beaten in enough.

Latest posts