• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crazy disc golf injuries

Atvizory2000

Par Member
While playing after an early morning rain, I received a self inflicted injury. Before I wipe the rain/dew off my discs, I usually give them a nice shake. I shook a star wraith into my shin. Two weeks later it's still bruised and sore. Any other random disc golf injuries out there?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 68
I severely sprained my ankle celebrating an ace in 2011. Oh and went I went down in a heap I managed to pull something in my lower back too. Both the ankle and the back still give me trouble from time to time 4 years later

I pulled something in my right hand ring finger while driving a couple of weeks ago. Damn thing got black and blue. I've since learned to throw with a two finger grip (not very well, mind you), but WTF?

Two years ago a doctor told me I had a minor tear in my mcl from disc golf, only to find out a year and a half later it was a nasty blood clot that moved to my lungs and almost killed me.

Moral of the story don't always trust the doctor I even warned him I had family history of clots and he assured that wasn't the issue.

One time I lost my footing on a muddy, hilly course, ended up baseball sliding into a tree root. Powered through the weekend on Aleve, turned out I had a high ankle sprain. Would have been off work if I didn't lose that job that Monday anyway. That was a costly weekend.

I fractured my 5th metatarsal on my left foot this past June.

I tripped off the end of a teepad, and inverted my foot on a tree root. I was out of commission for 7 weeks :\

I hooked my right foot/toe under some vine like bushes and didn't know it.
Put my disc in my bag, turned and walked away, but my foot stayed there.
This caused my knee to be dislocated, and down I went.

Whut?! Who doesn't like raw bone pics first thing in the morning?!

At least I'm not posting a link to Apothecary's rollerblade pic...:|

I have a partial tear in my calf muscle. It's a reoccurring Ultimate injury. Two weeks ago I could barely walk but over the weekend I finally got to play some disc golf (even though I was a bit slow walking the fairways). It'll be standstill throws for another couple weeks but hopefully I'll be 100% by Thanksgiving!

Broke my wrist falling on a damp teepad while in Oregon.

I've broken that one four times now... Need to quit falling.

2 weeks ago I tore/strained something on the left side of my core...either an oblique or some cartilage connection on the bottom end of my rib cage?

I'm back to normal operation for most everyday tasks and light exercise, but it still hurts too much to throw =( I guess on the plus side that means I'm using my core when I throw?

2 weeks ago I tore/strained something on the left side of my core...either an oblique or some cartilage connection on the bottom end of my rib cage?

I'm back to normal operation for most everyday tasks and light exercise, but it still hurts too much to throw =( I guess on the plus side that means I'm using my core when I throw?

I've torn the oblique as well. It happened at last year's West Virginia Sias Championship. It was on the Black Course in Moundsville - a par 72. I played two rounds out there often throwing distance drivers and fairways because of the sheer length of the course.

I'd recommend taking it easy as long as you can - even a few weeks AFTER you feel 100%. No big drives for awhile - perhaps focus on the short game and practice putting until you're back to good. It will heal, but it'll take time. Feel better soon!

I've torn the oblique as well. It happened at last year's West Virginia Sias Championship. It was on the Black Course in Moundsville - a par 72. I played two rounds out there often throwing distance drivers and fairways because of the sheer length of the course.

I'd recommend taking it easy as long as you can - even a few weeks AFTER you feel 100%. No big drives for awhile - perhaps focus on the short game and practice putting until you're back to good. It will heal, but it'll take time. Feel better soon!

Thanks DJ.

I assume that you were throwing when it happened? What type of throw? I was throwing an 80% power FH drive with a neutral release angle...super typical throw for me!

Latest posts