• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my Form 15 weeks post shoulder surgery

DiscJunkee

Bogey Member
So I am 15 weeks post surgery for a labrum tear after dislocating my shoulder 4 times last year. My recovery is coming along well but max D is the last to come. I have gotten back to hitting 380 but getting back to 400+ hasn't happened yet.

Fairways, mids and putters are all back to about where they were but I don't have the snap yet to spin a wraith or destroyer properly. few more weeks I hope.

I have some critique on myself but ill wait to hear what you all have to say first.

I was throwing at a tarp BTW if your curious what the noise is.

I'm generally right in your range for a normal golf shot. I think your form is pretty smooth and nice.

I feel like you could turn your upper body a few degrees farther away from the target on reach back.
Smaller steps, specifically the plant. It doesn't look like you are bracing your front side bc your step is slightly too long.
Looked like your follow through gets less attention as your throws increase. Keep those hips in mind :)

Maybe the others will agree. I dont remember if you had a distinct weight shift before you accelerate your hips but that may alleviate the last part.

I'm not much a critique but one thing I noticed, along with the last step looking a bit too long, is that you're also turning your leg / knee / hip a bit before you even plant your foot on the last step. You can see it on every shot. It looks like this is taking away from some of your power since you're already opening up your leg and can't get as much pivot on it.

Check out 2:03 and 2:20 and you can see what I mean. Your foot is almost pointing towards the target before you even plant your foot or begin to follow through instead of 90° away from the target and then pointing towards it as you pivot and follow through. On your second step it looks like your right foot is planting correctly, and then the final step just doesn't look quite right.

Typical issues, leaning away from the target instead of turning away, not getting the hips involved, and not getting the elbow forward and shoulder/body too open. Your aiming is going to change, to get the shoulder/elbow involved in lining up the shot, not just the wrist. It's going to feel way backward.

Ya this is what I figured from watching the video. I used the advice today along with discing down and had a great time. Ripped a dx Teebird about as far as I did my longest disc a year ago.

I will repost my changes. I think I developed some habits from shying away from the shoulder. It still hurts to throw bigger drivers, Wraith on hyzer is ok but if I try to throw flat or anhyzer it will ache.

Putters and mids are up too, I threw a zombee into a tail wind and crushed it too on a downhill hole. Throwing slower stuff is fun.

Latest posts