• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Current bag

scoobs

Years Played: about 9 months
Right/left/ambidextrous: right
Throwing style: RHBH, trying to incorporate some RHFH
Sex: M

Drivers

170g Star Roadrunner brand new, only one round on it
169g Elite Z Avenger SS 9/10
150g DX Wraith 7/10 (hardly ever gets thrown anymore, was the warp speed noob purchase)
171g DX Leopard 8/10

Mids
172g Elite Z Buzz 9/10 I absolutely love this disc

Putters

175g DX Aviar(drives only)
180g Omega Supersoft(putts only)

Thinking about one overstable driver to put in the bag and an overstable mid.
Comments, feedback, suggestions welcome

1. Overstable driver would be a good thing. Banshee, Firebird, PD, Predator are common choices.
2. How overstable of a mid are you thinking? If you just want something a little more stable than your Buzzz, I would do some research and find out what is typically the most stable version of Buzzz (Z?, Glow?, not sure I'm not a Buzzz guy) and then just get a fresh, max weight of that. If you want something very overstable, I'd recommend a Zone. But Gators and Drones are also common for this slot.
3. Another thing to consider if you want a very overstable mid is that a stable/overstable fairway can power down to cover those lines pretty darn well. Just food for thought.
4. There might be some overlap between the Avenger SS and Roadrunner, but not sure how they fly for you.
5. Pull the Wraith and get a stable fairway driver. Teebird is the popular choice for this slot. I recommend a Vibram Ascent or Trak.
6. Like Vorpaljesus said, knowing how far you throw would make it a lot easier to give advice and recommend specific discs.

Thanks for the feedback. Distance wise, im pushing the buzz out to about 280ft, the Leo to 300ish, and the avenger and roadrunner out to 340. Never thought about powering down a fairway to act as an overstable mid. Gives me something to play around with next time im out in the field.

Latest posts