• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cushion bottom of bags?

evilelf

I have recently read thread about storing discs in the long term. All of these thread focus on preventing damage to the bottom edge when the discs are stored vertically. Does everyone do the same in their bag? A towel or pool noodles to get the discs off the hard surface of a floor, etc.?

In carry bags if cushioning is added as a modification, it tends to be for the purpose of easier disc access or structural bracing.

I'm not really worried about it in my bag, where the discs are getting jostled around and taken in/out on a regular basis. With long-term storage it's more of an issue because the discs are sitting without moving for a long time (years), and they will warp or develop flat spots where there are pressure points.

If you're going to store plastic long term they are best stacked flat..at least that's what I was instructed to do by my disc hoarding friend.