• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Cycling Maces

Nice robo buddy! Can't wait to toss the two new Zero Maces I got today. Season them in a bit and they will be $$$

I'm going to have to try a zero mace as well, I've heard good things :)

I have a 180 Opto, a 174 recycled (beat), and 3 ZH in the bag.
The Opto is a bit more OS than the others. It's also still pretty fresh. I've had the 174 recycled for almost a year now and its straightened out pretty good. My most beat ZH has just a small bit of fade on it left. It carries any line I put it on.

For crazy OS midrange shots I pull out the trusty Trident which I use mostly as a driver/utility.

This is the only mid I carry, although its closer to a short fairway when ripped on. I carry a brand new opto that is super beefy, and 3 ZHs in different stages. A newer one that still has a decent fade, one beat so that it has no fade left on it, and a really beat one that I can hyzer flip and will still track right (RHBH) or when thrown flat will anny the entire flight and never come out of it. Great midrange, helps to eliminate the need for different molds for different shots.

I am super impressed with this disc. I've spent the last month throwing these a lot to really get familiar with what they do, and the more I toss 'em the more I love 'em. Here's my take (from someone who maxes out at 280ish with a mid):

172 Opto:
Nice flat top for straight laser shots with a reliable hard fade at the end. I would imagine this fade is going to be around for some time. I may go a bit heavier just to get a bit more fade.

175 Recycled:
Actually started off more overstable than the Opto, but it is starting to beat in and is gaining some big time glide. The recycled has a small dome, and is gaining a nice forward finish as it beats in. Nice and grippy when dry, but kind of slick when wet.

176 Zero Hard (x2):
These are freakin' amazing! The plastic is unbelievable - very firm, and with insane grip. Even wet, this plastic is super grippy. I am in love with this ZH plastic!!! Both are pretty flat, and have beaten in to the point that they have a very straight flight with almost zero fade. I am shocked at the amount of glide these have too...longer and straighter than my beat dx Rocs, and a bit shorter (but more controllable) than my Warships. I'll keep beating in one of them to get a nice hyzer-flippy turnover mid.

175 Gold Line (first run):
This is pretty much interchangeable with the Recycled right now. Same amount of fade, so it's pretty redundant to have both in the bag. It has the largest dome of the bunch, and flies just like the Recycled. The recycled will stay in the bag because I prefer the smaller done, and this one will sit out for now.

I'm super pumped with the fact that I can run one mold and get almost everything I want in my line-up.

Old mid line-up:
Flx Drone >> Ti Wasp >> Z Buzzz >> flat top Buzzz ss >> beat X Buzzz

New mid line-up:
Flx Drone >> Opto Mace >> Recycled Mace >> ZH Mace (straight) >> ZH Mace (flippy)