• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Daire's Disc Bag Guts

Your bag seems pretty similar to mine, especially in the middle. The Ghost/Comet mid lineup is solid, although I tend to lean more on my Comets than my Ghost most days. Have you tried the Pinnacle Patriot? Mine kicked Teebirds out of my bag since it is straighter both powered up and powered down. Not only was it straighter but it was a little faster and less glidey so it was less affected by wind and easier to throw on long low lines. I don't know why but with the notable exception of my Saint every glidey disc I have seems to really want to rise off the ground.

I've tried the Patriot/Rival combo in the past, including a Pinnacle Patriot. I did like it. Honestly, probably more than the icon one I am throwing now. But, the patriot won't kick the teebirds out, lol. The teebirds kicked the PDs out. I only have the pat as an understable utility. The beat old star TB i have is money. Generally, I lean more toward stable-to-overstable discs like the envy-ghost-tb-CD-destroyer. The US discs are more for woods and finesse (although Mont Du Lac offers plenty of both). Midrange seems to change a lot in my bag, but the ghost/comet combo has worked well. I like how they feel the same and can keep the molds down! Thanks for the comments! cheers

So, i determined that I will probably never 'settle' on a single set up for too long. I like to try different plastic waaaaay too much! So, I've been bagging different things lately. But, coming up on a tourney this weekend (the lakeville open, MN). It's a C-Tier, and it was actually the first tourney I played in last summer. Fun stuff! Here's what the bag is going to look like going into the tourney though, and my thoughts so far on the newish plastic (also, trying to get an all pink disc bag, with the exception of the white putters):

Italics are the core of the bag, probably sees 75% of drives off the tee. Most others are situational! I know i mentioned earlier in this thread that I like the 13 disc bag, so I am kind of going back to that.

Distance, hasn't suffered much change as of late:

Star Destroyer, 171: this one is white, which is ok... I guess. Until I find a pink one with similar stability, I can't lose this one. The flight is exactly what i want out of a max D driver [maybe 12/5/-1/2.5]. It's a go-to.
Star Destroyer, 169: Domey and stable. It's pretty fresh but it was fade at first toss [maybe 12/5/0/3].

"Control" slot:

N Wrath, 173: The wrath is new to me. It's the 'control' slot stability I'm looking for. I don't have much experience with it, but where I've used it it has shined. Very straight with a little fade. Great for holding a reliable line around 350.
C-Line PD, 170: honestly doesn't see too many throws. It's more of a utility lately. Used for head winds or straight shots around 350 that need a little more fade.
Star Firebird, 167: FAF. I love throwing this disc. Fades no matter what. predictable. Sees a lot of upshots and forehand approaches.

Fairway, probably a drastic change:

N Crave, 175: A go-to. I got this maybe three weeks ago and it has seen probably the most drives off the tee since then. Very comfortable and very predictable. I don't understand the numbers dgc gives it. I would say its more like 7/5/-.5/1. It does it all. Hyzers, straight, annys the finish flat.
C-Line FD2, 172: I wanted a tweener (fairway/mid) stable mold. I found it. Thrown hard, it'll get fairway distance with decent fade. Thrown a bit softer it serves the purpose of a OS mid. Somewhat of a utility mold.
Icon Patriot, 169: used for hyzer flips, and as an understable fairway. Doesn't see too much work. I think I would like to try something longer (Bandit). The crave does most what this can with a tweak of the angle, I feel personally.

Midrange:

N Axis, 177: Workhorse. Stellar disc. Comfortable. Reliable.
Z Glide, 174: Understable utility. Tweener of a mold, but I've liked it a lot. Got it for a specific hole, honestly (new 13 at white cedar) but it's grown on me and is quite controllable.
ESP Zone, 172: I'll consider this a mid for the sake of putting it in the mid list :) Another tweener, clearly, but thrown hard, is straight with fade... you know what a zone is!

Putter:

P Envy, 173: Driving putter. Said and done. <220 (flatground, elevation changes this obviously), it will most likely get the teeshot.
350G PA3, 172 (a pair of them used interchangeably): Putts and some ups. Great putter plastic. Stiff and grippy. Straight with a little fade. I've been digging them (although, if the envy came in electron...............).

Well, big tourney weekend over. Played in the Lakeville open (kenwood trails) and the Battle in the Pines (brp). Both were c-tiers. I played in intermediates for both. Wasn't overly familiar with either course. First time at Kenwood trails and second at brp, but they did some layout changes to make it two 20 hole rounds. Both were fun! Shot ok the first round at KT, shot like crap the second. Finished i think 9 out of 14. Garbo! But, threw pretty well on sunday at brd. Finished 13 out of 34 or 35. In the money :) Was really hoping for 900 rated rounds, but fell a little short. Oh well. In summary: driving was above average with some excellent drives, upshots were well below average and was really where my rounds fell apart, and putting was average with a lot of birdies coming later in the weekend and a lot of missed putts early.

Discs:

Destroyers were on! Well, I never really threw the stable one as both days were gorgeous and perfect for disc golf. Believe I was hitting 400 on a level throw.

Wrath was a little more stable than I was anticipating. I was throwing it on longer crave lines, but it faded out a little more than the crave did. I didn't get a chance to adjust this but I know going forward. I still like the disc and will handle all my control slot shots moving forward, kicking the PD out. Might try a lighter one to compliment it on the less stable side.

Firebird will never leave the bag. It's way too predictable and such an awesome utility. I don't drive with it really. Moreso used for forehand upshots/shortdrives. It renders the zone useless. I actually put it, the envy, and a pa3 in the putter slot on the c14 :)

Crave is a workhorse. I think it saw the most drives off the tee this weekend. Soooo predictable and sooo workable on all lines. I think I would consider this what a TL does (never thrown one) but it never let me down when my game was on. It instills confidence, like, driving with it on hole 4 at brp and hitting the lane perfectly confidence.

FD2 was used as a shorter firebird or a stable mid distance. I like it. I think I would like a littel more stability out of it, but the same kind of distance potential (tweener between mid and fairway). I think I want to try a resistor.

Patriot saw only a couple throws. I think I want a lighter crave to fill it's roll. A little flip to flat and straight. Did have one stellar drive with it! The crave is just more comfortable.

Axis was not used too much. I have more confidence with drivers than anything else. Nothing remarkable. I missed my lines with it more than hitting them. Makes me sad! ha. I think I'd be happy with a touch more stability (so mvp/axiom should make a mid that fits between the vector and axis!)

Glide served it's purpose, and I found it works great for upshots that need to just glide straight. I like this disc the more I use it!

Envy wasn't used too much either. A couple up shots and a couple drives, and it performed as expected: predictably well!

PA3s came out to play later in the weekend, as stated above. I love the mold and the plastic. I just need to get out of my head during these kind of rounds!

Again, I like to try discs and things change often! Simplified it, too. Generally carry a couple backups to fill in the C14. It's been a couple months but here's where we are at now!

(want a lighter/worn SFD for US duties, and a max CFD OS-run for more stable duties. PM me!)

Distance:
Star Destroyer 170 white - TX tourney stamp. Go to distance driver. Its taken a beating this season, but I do believe it is at it's sweet spot. Little flip up and sails with a nice penetrating fade.
Star Destroyer 169 pink - AJ 3 line. Dome and beefy. Used for headwinds.

Fairway: (want a lighter SFD for US duties, and a max CFD for more stable duties. PM me!)
C FD 170 pink - standard. I don't know the run, but I think it flies very true to the numbers. Reliable, flat flight, slight fade. I would really like a little more stable compliment, like a 2nd or 4th* run i think(?)
C FD3 171 blue - standard. Beefy fairway. I don't want anything more overstable then this guy.

Mids: Getting a lot more attention lately.
X Buzzz 174 red - standard. Was pretty stable at first, but now it's probably my most used mid. Has a little flip and a small fade. Good glide, as well. Pretty much an FD in a mid.
Z Buzzz 177 orange - tourney stamp. More fade, holds the hyzer lines better then the X. Reliable, not as glidey, so better in slight wind.
Z Buzzz OS blue - ugly big z stamp. Obviously overstable mid. Reliable, though. Spikes over trees, headwinds, flexs, ups.

Putts:
400 PA3 174 pink - x-out. Driving putter. Said. Done.
350g PA3 172 white - standard X2. Putts. Aside from destros, I haven't felt any need to go away from these discs. The plastic is great, and they fit my style. Grippy, firm, shallow. Boom!

Shakopee Open 4/30/16

Destroyer - 167 Star - Flat and meaty. Flex lines and head winds/skips
Destroyer - 171 Star - Domey and overstable. HSS with fade.
Destroyer - 171 Star - Flattish and worn in. Stable workhorse distance.
Tern - 171 Champ - Hyzerflip and uphill distance.

Felon - 173 Fuzion - Flat and meaty. Spike hyzer, forehand outs, headwinds.
Volt - 173 Proton - Somewhat overstable. HSS with fade. Workhorse.
Volt - 175 Plasma - True to numbers volt.
Amp - 169 Plasma - Hyzer flip to minimal fade. Uphills, annys and tailwinds.

Verdict - 178 Lucid - Overstable mid. Hyzers and headwinds.
EMAC Truth - 177 Lucid - Workhorse. Somewhat HSS with fade.
Truth - 176 Lucid - Buzzz-esque. Minial fade flip to flat, annys.
Truth - 176 Lucid - Worn. Flies kin to a fuse.
Truth - 177 Classic - Water disc.

Zone - 173 ESP - Meaty utility. Hyzer ups, downhill shorties.
Envy - 173 Proton - Worn. HSS with fade. Workhorse putter drives.
Judge - 173 Fuzion - G-star-y. Straight/uderstable putter drives and ups.

Judge - 175 Classic - Main putter
Judge - 174 Blend - Long putts and sticky ups.

I like faster fairways and faster mids. I will opt to the a volt more than anything but the EMAC Truth is also a staple. Id like many more of them! I don't like massively understable discs, although there is some overlap between the plasma amp/plasma volt, but not enough to warrant kicking one out over the other. They both serve a purpose. Same with the two lucid truths. Kind of a "fresh" and "beat in" thing there.

If the Envy ever comes out in basic plastic, it will take over. I would like a proxy in place of the fuzion judge. This is the bag for the tourney. Playing intermediate in hopes to compete for a win. I am somewhat familiar with Lions Park. Fun, open course. Should be fun!

Going very minimal. I feel like I'd like to just kind of drop down to some basics, and learn discs to start a core. I like to switch around too much! Going to (attempt to) stick with this set up for the remainder of the year. Only things that might change is swapping out the firebird for something longer (enforcer maybe) and the comet for something more comfortable (meteor maybe).

OVcMzi7m.jpg

Destroyers have been a staple a long time. Have a workhorse and a beefier one. I can handle them, and push them out passed 350'. The Pat is not as understable as is led on. Pretty straight and workable. The ETruth is money. Wizards offer the reliable fade and bead, and I like the soft plastic. Let's see how long this will last! Oh all discs are white, except putters are pink! Why? No reason but slight OCD compulsion.

Ending the season with (yes, its changed but I'm pretty happy with where its at now):

Distance
Star Wraith 168 Main distance driver. Its got some wear and has a slight right movement with fade.
Star Wraith 175 A bit more stable, pretty flat. Its pretty fresh and acts as the headwind or downhill driver.
Z Crush 174 Overstable distance. Feels similar to the Wraith, but has the stability for heavy winds and flex shots.

Control
Champ Teebird 169 Has some wear, and is a very straight shooter, with very small fade. Line shaper.
Champ Teebird 172 Pretty fresh and stable. Has a good fade for a tb. Very good hyzer or straight to fade fairway.
Champ Firebird 175 Glow and beat. Very workable fb. Forehand rollers (I heart fh rollers, so fun), forehands in general.
Champ Firebird 173 and flat. Used for the obvious fb utility stuff. Such a useful disc and a necessity in any bag.

Midrange
Ti Zone 174 Used for Zone things. Very useful overstable mid/approach disc, headwinds or downhills.
Lucid Suspect 175 Overstable-Suspect. Pretty fresh. Midrange hyzers, forehand ups, decent fade.
Lucid Suspect 173 Straight with fade-Suspect. Maybe a bit of overlap, but this is a bit stiffer and offers some skip.
Fuzion Suspect 175 Straight-Suspect. Shapes lines with a minimal fade. Has some wear. Workhorse in the woods.

Putter
2x Classic Judge 173 Main putters, identical. Only used for putts, short and long. Judges are awesome, slight fade.
Classic Judge 176 Used for the occasional drive, but mainly acts as a backup. Seasoned to no fade.
Blend Judge 174 Beat and sticky. Used when really cold or I need a stick near the basket.

I will sometimes carry another Echo Wraith, that I am not afraid to lose, a DX Teebird for water carries, and have been thinking about putting a Champ Sidewinder itb, so that might happen. I would also like a somewhat understable mid-tweener (Suspect or zone-esque), so I am open to suggestions there. Nothing crazy US, though.

Hoping to keep this stable for 2017 (the molds, anyway)

The Bag - Grip C14
hyiZxPZl.jpg

Judge - 2x Classic 173. Putting duties. The occasional control upshot, but not drives.
Envy - 2x Proton, 172 beat for straight and primary thrower, 175 for added stability.

Truth - 2x Lucid, 176 current run for US, 176 early run for a little added fade.
Verdict - 2x Lucid, 177 with wear and dome for straight to fade, 179 fresh for OS.

Witness - Lucid 174, for US control, standstills, or occasional roller (attempt).
Undertaker - BigZ 168 for straight to slight fade, FR Z 174 for more HSS and fade.
Felon - Bio 168 for workable OS control, Lucid 175 for all out OS.

Destroyer - Echo 170 shaping max D, Star 168 main D, 172 ChampGlo FAF for OS D.

There is a bright color theme, too. I like the reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks. I could take or leave whites. The 'champ' plastic might seem like a theme, too, but its coincidental. I like durability and the look.

Through the years there have been the staples that I always come back to: Envy and Destroyer. I am so intrigued and like trying new plastic, but those two always appear back in the bag after I try something new (like mold minimalizing...). The Truth might be in that baby-come-back category, too. I primarily like to throw discs that have decent HSS (Envy, Verdict, Z-Undertaker, Destroyer) and shape the release. A little turn (Beat Envy, Truth and BigZ undertaker) is also appreciated for shots through the woods. The bookend control drivers are utility. Although the Judge has been a staple, recently I have been liking more spin on my putts and may appreciate a little more fade, maybe no bead. Time will tell. So, I'll predict that, if there is a change, it'll be the putter, (and probably not permanent). Cheers!

Great bag. Love the simplicity. How are you replacing the zone?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Thought I'd do fine without the zone, with the envy and verdict/felon. However, it has been really windy lately.. I'd like to still get out and throw, test the bag to weigh the zones necessity.

Destroyer - 172 Colorglo Fresh
Destroyer - 171 Star Used
Destroyer - 171 Echostar Used

Felon - 175 Lucid Fresh
Felon - 168 Bio Fresh
Undertaker - 174 Glo Z-Line Fresh
Undertaker - 168 Big-Z Used
Witness - 174 Lucid Fresh

Verdict - 179 Lucid Fresh
Truth - 177 EMAC Lucid Fresh
Truth - 176 OG Lucid Used
Truth - 177 Lucid Fresh

Harp - 174 VIP Fresh
Envy - 175 Proton Fresh
Envy - 172 Neutron Used

Judge - 174 Blend Used
Judge - 173 Classic Used x2

Been throwing a bunch lately. Three rounds yesterday since it was 50+ degrees and beautiful! Note: lately I really heart Destroyers and Felons. Both have been the majority of my tee shots, mixed BH and FH (FH game is coming along awesomely). And idk why I was being critical of the judge earlier... it treats me well! Thinking of dropping the light control drivers (kinda).

Gunna drop the lower weight controls. I might keep the felon, as I really enjoy it, but I have another lucid inbound. The dome on the big z undy's is kind of obnoxious. I like the feel of the first runs a lot so I have a couple more coming.

One thing I would like to possibly add is something slower (6-7) that has some glide and some turn without much fade that has a shallow-ish feel and flat. Think, stable comet but faster, ripped flat it will drift right for the flight, but not a domey Leo (hate the feel of Leo's). Also, I like champ plastic. Does the inspire turn like -4 as DGC lists it? The witness feels kind of weird and turns way more than I'd like. This would be somewhat of a utility for woods. Any suggestions are appreciated!

The one Inspire I have thrown was awesome. It was flat, glidey, and nicely US. I threw it for hyzer flip to turnover and it performed wondefully, while still coming back with a small forward fade. Thrown flat it will drift, but will require finesse/lower power to do so without flipping too much. Giving it different amounts of power, height and hyzer angle on release made it quite fun to throw!

Thanks, Sounds about right. Another disc that intrigues me is the relay. Wish they were in proton, but the leopard flight with a flat top and good feel is what I want, and from what I've read it looks promising. Not really a hyzer flip, but flat right drift. Idk. Half the time when I think about adding plastic the other half of my brain says "mold minimize... drop everything but the judge and felon!" :)

I have not thrown the Relay, so I cannot comment on that. Have you heard of the MVP Switch? It is supposedly the understable compliment to the MVP Servo. Maybe you could give that a go. Unfortunately I have only seen my buddy throw his, but he likes his Inspire's better.

Our bags seem pretty similar. I use the Giant as my Destroyer type driver and cycle them, while the Spark's cover everything from firebird to teebird/eagle shots of different wears. Emac truth is a staple as well. Between those molds, I pepper in different discs for more unique shot shapes and conditions I may meet on the course.

Have you tried the Westside Hatchet? I use it as my long drift fairway shot for 340-380ish. It works well for big anny's and rollers as well. Most of the time I am flipping it from a hyzer, or lower power flat shots, it works very well for this, and may match your Undertaker's in the speed department. Just a thought! Or.... How about beating the piss out of an Undertaker?

Judge and Harp are in there, too. I wish I could one day have a turnover Felon, though. Beat the ever loving crap out of a Bio Felon.....

I've dabbled with the hatchet. The domey feel gets me sometimes. I dig these undertakers (first run) because they're flatter then production and comfy. If I could have the felon run the gamut for my fairways, I would.. comfortable FH and BH! Sparks really intrigue me.. (but the wallet says no...) especially since the recycled I hear is more eagle like.

I'm not doing terrible without the US fairway. But, I haven't gone to white cedar (hella woodsy) yet. Also, the OCD in me doesn't like having 3 mid molds (maybe saying prod Truth and EMAC Truth are two different molds is splitting hairs..) and only 2 control molds.. The emac isn't OS enough to be alone as the OS mid, imo. Losing a fresh verdict to the river yesterday doesn't help my mind on this either. Oh well. Thanks, Joe, for the feedback. I might give the inspire a go!

Pretty pumped at the moment: took first (out of 18 people) at leagues for the first time ever. 9 down at Lincoln park semi safari. Had potential for better with two chastity belt hits and a couple silly decisions. Three turkeys on 18 holes. Not bad!

Destroyer - 168 4x Star Used - 1 tee shot
Destroyer - 171 Star Used - 2 tee shots

Felon - 175 Lucid Fresh - 1 tee shot
Undertaker - 174 FR Z-Line Used - 2 tee shot

Verdict - 177 Lucid Used
Truth - 177 EMAC Lucid Fresh - 5 tee shots
Truth - 177 Lucid Used - 1 tee shot

Harp - 174 VIP Fresh - 2 tee shots
Envy - 175 Proton Fresh
Envy - 172 Neutron Used - 4 tee shots

Judge - 174 Blend Used

Pretty pumped at the moment: took first (out of 18 people) at leagues for the first time ever. 9 down at Lincoln park semi safari. Had potential for better with two chastity belt hits and a couple silly decisions. Three turkeys on 18 holes. Not bad!

Destroyer - 168 4x Star Used - 1 tee shot
Destroyer - 171 Star Used - 2 tee shots

Felon - 175 Lucid Fresh - 1 tee shot
Undertaker - 174 FR Z-Line Used - 2 tee shot

Verdict - 177 Lucid Used
Truth - 177 EMAC Lucid Fresh - 5 tee shots
Truth - 177 Lucid Used - 1 tee shot

Harp - 174 VIP Fresh - 2 tee shots
Envy - 175 Proton Fresh
Envy - 172 Neutron Used - 4 tee shots

Judge - 174 Blend Used

Good throwing with ya man! That truth was doing work! Nice round!