• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg part of Latitude 64° team

chunk said:
i heard from a very reliable source this past weekend (innova pro) that there isn't much of a back story on dave's resignation from the PDGA.

To this point, it might make sense. If he is spending any significant time in Europe working with Lat64, he might not have the time nor the proximity for PDGA board work. That, and if he has some sort of significant role with Lat64 (executive role, sales, etc.), besides playing of course, this might preclude him from PDGA-related work as well as his time will be consumed with work.

In any case, I don't think there is any direct relationship between Lat64 and Dave resigning.

Maybe he's gonna do even more clinics this time showcasing Lat, Westside and DD discs. I think he already did a lot of clinics when he was sponsored by Innova but i don't have the numbers. jetting around from place to place takes much more time than just doing the clinics because he's done them internationally.

JHern said:
I noticed this posted at PDGA.com...

Board Member Resignation

The Professional Disc Golf Association announces that David Feldberg has resigned from the PDGA Board of Directors for personal reasons. We ask all members to join with us in thanking David for his years of service to the association.

David writes, "After much deliberation and consideration I've decided to step back from my role of the Board of Directors of the Professional Disc Golf Association. After 16 years on and off the course I have seen so much growth, change and development in our sport and I'm proud to have been a part of shaping both for today and the future. I'm focusing my efforts with a new sponsor, Latitude 64, in doing so I cannot continue to carry on the work that I've been doing for the last several years with the Professional Disc Golf Association. I enjoyed serving the organization that serves the sport that I love and look forward to being part disc golf's future in other ways."

Not sure this statement makes sense, why does working with Lat 64 preclude him from working on the board?

Maybe he plans on doing more ambassador work and overseas travel kind of stuff, that could eat into the board time.

He actually answered that questions specifically in a video. Short answer he has two black soft Judges.

Crazy how his bag has so many more drivers than mids/putters, I don't think I've ever seen another pro with that many (and Scottsdale/Fountain Hills aren't particularly long courses, either).

JHern said:
Crazy how his bag has so many more drivers than mids/putters, I don't think I've ever seen another pro with that many (and Scottsdale/Fountain Hills aren't particularly long courses, either).

I think part of it is finding something confortable. Being primarily a roc thrower myself, its a HUGE change going to latitude mids. Going from mostly baseline plastic in rocs to opto/GL plastics for lat64's mids was probably the toughest for me to get used to. I haven't thrown a fugitive or warship yet, and of course the mace could be the answer to this when its release, but I haven't thrown a latitude mid yet that I could throw fairly hard and have it be almost completely straight, good HSS, and low LSS like you can get out of a roc. Pains have the HSS down, but fade more than a roc does. Fuses are capable of similar lines, but you have to really back off and finesse them (although they can, with the right lines, handle a bit of power too). I've only thrown one core, but it didn't really have it either, but was probably the closest.

Your midranges should be your second most intimate group of discs (behind putters). And this is easily lat64's weakest part of the lineup (although they are improving).

kern9787 said:
Your midranges should be your second most intimate group of discs (behind putters). And this is easily lat64's weakest part of the lineup (although they are improving).

Agree 100%. The Fuse seems like the best option for straight tunnel shots/straight finishes, but you have to get the angles just right.

Latitude 64 needs to make a Buzzz. I hear Prodigy is doing just that.

peter-griffin-beard.jpg

kern9787 said:
JHern said:

I think part of it is finding something confortable. Being primarily a roc thrower myself, its a HUGE change going to latitude mids. Going from mostly baseline plastic in rocs to opto/GL plastics for lat64's mids was probably the toughest for me to get used to. I haven't thrown a fugitive or warship yet, and of course the mace could be the answer to this when its release, but I haven't thrown a latitude mid yet that I could throw fairly hard and have it be almost completely straight, good HSS, and low LSS like you can get out of a roc. Pains have the HSS down, but fade more than a roc does. Fuses are capable of similar lines, but you have to really back off and finesse them (although they can, with the right lines, handle a bit of power too). I've only thrown one core, but it didn't really have it either, but was probably the closest.

This is weird when you consider what Tomas said in a video interview we did with him at the Scandinavian Open 2010. I asked what are his thoughts about driving with putters mentioning his 400' putter drives with Aviars when he took two doubles open world titles in 1993 &4 and he replied among other things that these days he teaches people to use mids. One would think that in that case mids should be the center piece of throwing and as such Latitude should make the best mids around to fulfill that ends to a means in the best possible way.

The Mace sounds good but not at all like a perfect line laser from initial third hand info. if it is a Wasp with more glide it is way too LSS even though there is HSS. The only way to get a straight line from a disc like that is to put immense power into it or throw it so low that it touches the ground before the fade starts and that leads to a skip. Probably a huge left finishing one so again in a tight hole the disc would be in the rough if the distance is too long to get to the green.

To answer another post What Dave thinks about plus configuration might not be what he is allowed to say out loud. He switched from a company making pretty radically slanted rims to one making mostly minor slants that slip out way more rarely. Slants anyway. So maybe he is not bothered too much by them in his own game. Which might be different from an opinion about the use of slants for all disc golfers.

Well considering his praise of the Blitz in that video, I'd say the slanted rim is not a factor of discontent for him.