• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave's Bag

The Icon Ghost has become my main mid-range now replacing my Roc and Buzzz. Just picked up one in Excel at a Legacy Ace Run, but haven't had many throws with it yet.

Also been throwing the experimental plastic Patriot. Great grip and smooth flight, VERY nice.
Super happy to be working with Disc Nation again for a Skulboy Signature Patriot. Photos soon.

Was at Legacy Central last week to meet with Bamba and Steve. They are very busy, having much success with the Rival and are extremely pumped about the Patriot.
2013 is going to be a excellent year for these guys.

Getting fired up for my Legacy Ace Run! These do indeed look like sweet discs to complement my ESP Cyclone.

The blue is flat and very straight with strong fade. The white is domey has more turn and less fade.

dgdave said:
The blue is flat and very straight with strong fade. The white is domey has more turn and less fade.

Oh no. I took my new ce ex out of the bag in favor of my light blue rival today at minis. The rival was pushed 30-50' right on several 300' low line drives into a 10-15 mph headwind. I just ordered a white and was hoping it'd be more stable. I'm thinking my blue rivals fly closer to a TL than TB so the white might be approaching QJ territory. :|

My three are all flat. My two wings stamped are a light blue and the other blue is Lion's stamp. :arrow: Anyway, no way these are headwind discs without a fair amout of hyzer.

Played my first tournament yesterday in 6 years and Iplayed killer with my new line up. I know iI made the throws, but these never held me back or left me wanting another disc fir the shot.

I got our Ace Run packages in, and picked a couple of Rivals out...but it's raining all day long today. The teal pinnacle with copper stamp looks like a disc that will be stable and hook up nicely, while the protege Rival has a lower wing height and should make a great turn-over disc. Either way, a good pair in the bag, and the plastic in each is simply exquisite. I'm really very curious to see how the Rivals and Patriots compete with my Cyclones.

These Pinnacle Rivals are excellent, slightly over-stable at high speed (though going very straight at the highest speeds) with a wicked tight hook at the end. The Protege Rivals were softer than usual plastic, and will beat in to become easy hyzer flip or roller discs.

Both of them made my bag...they do not replace or overlap greatly with my flat ESP Cyclones, but fit nicely as complements.

I also added an Icon Clutch to my bag...best driving putter I've ever thrown!

4x Cannon
1x Rampage
3x Rival
1x Patriot
1x Firebird
4x Ghost
3x Clutch
2x Clozer

This is my sweet spot with my bag

Latest posts