• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Deserted Island Disc Golf

grizzles

Par Member
Let's suppose the disc golf gods have chosen to reward you for picking up trash on your local course and practicing your putting. They grant you a magic dream course on a deserted island with the caveat that you may take a limited number of discs to play the magic course for eternity.

What do you bring if they grant you 5 discs? How about 4? If you had to narrow it down to 3? 2? Just 1 disc?

For me:
(5)Wraith,TB,Leo,Buzzz,Wiz
(4) Wraith,TB,Buzzz,Wiz
(3)TB,Buzzz,Wiz
(2)TB,Buzzz
(1)Buzzz

Everything but the putter in gummy champion type plastic for extended durability; they're the only ones you get for eternity, after all.

J

5- Boss, PD, Xtreme, Roc, Ridge
4- PD, Xtreme, Roc, Ridge
3- PD, Roc, Ridge
2- PD, Ridge
1- Roc

5). Wraith, valkyrie, groove, teebird, aviar
4). Wraith, valkyrie, teebird, aviar
3). Wraith, valkyrie, teebird
2). Wraith, valkyrie
1). Wraith

Is my deserted island at least 600 ft. across? I'm not bringing any distance drivers if its not. I mean, I don't throw 600 ft. right now, but I bet I would if I had the rest of my life with nothing else to do.

5: Wraith - TeeBird - Roadrunner - Roc - Wizard
4: TeeBird - Roadrunner - Roc - Wizard
3: Roadrunner - Roc - Wizard
2: TeeBird - Wizard
1: Wizard

I am assuming this Island has little to no wind, a small grass hut bar with super sweet locals and is at 5,280ft above sea level.

5: Eagle, SOLF, Roc, Comet, Wizard
4: Eagle, SOLF, Comet, Wizard
3: Eagle, Comet, Wizard
2: wizard, Comet
1: Comet

Dig It said:
I am assuming this Island has little to no wind, a small grass hut bar with super sweet locals and is at 5,280ft above sea level.

Sounds like you're looking for Maui. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16906

5: Ch. Firebird, Ch. Leopard, CE Whippet-x, STAR Gremlin, X-Link Soft Ridge
4: Ch. Viking, CE Whippet-x, STAR Gremlin, X-Link Soft Ridge
3: Ch. Viking, STAR Gremlin, X-Link Soft Ridge
2: DX Gremlin, X-Link Soft Ridge
1: 11x KC Aviar

what'shisname said:
Sounds like you're looking for Maui.
Yep, it looks like I am looking for that place. Looks so humid the Zig Zags lick themselves shut.

Dear God,

Damn nice of you to grant me the private Tropical Island disc golf course. But if the island is deserted then no thanks. I have never played a round of golf by myself and am not about to start now. I need a steady stream of buddies to compete against. Golf by myself makes no sense to me.

Now this whole limited disc thing is just silly. It is an unnatural restriction without logical or competitive basis. I could tie my wrists together and play the game too but that makes no sense either.

But if restriction and deprivation will improve my spiritual being then during the regularly scheduled tournaments on my private Island paradise we will restrict the beer selection to brands and styles only of my personal choosing and preference. No Miller Lite. No fruity beers. No wine spritzers, either.

Preregistration for the IPA Series of disc golf tournaments is not required. An invite is.

And btw, thank you ever so much, God.

5). Nuke, Pro Katana, Flat Top Roc, DGR PD, OmegaSS
4). Star Orc, DGR PD, FT Roc, Omega SS,
3). S Orc, FT Roc, OmegaSS
2). FT Roc, OmegaSS
1). FT Roc

dgdave said:
5- Boss, PD, Xtreme, Roc, Ridge
4- PD, Xtreme, Roc, Ridge
3- PD, Roc, Ridge
2- PD, Ridge
1- Roc

I think it is interesting how discs disappear at two or so, but then if they only had one that's the one.

PD, Firebird, TL, roc, Warloc
PD, Firebird, Roc, Warloc
PD, firebird, Roc
PD, Roc
Roc

rwmurrow said:
I think it is interesting how discs disappear at two or so, but then if they only had one that's the one.
It makes perfect sense though. If you could have two cars you might get a convertible* and a pickup*. But if you could only have one you might compromise and get a station wagon* with a sunroof. It's all about getting the most utility out of the fewest items.

*Disclaimer: Vehicles models mentioned are for demonstration purposes only. Author neither condones nor condemns any particular model of vehicle. Please take inevitable references to lameness, superiority of other vehicles, or any other vehicular nonsense to some place else. :D

*assumption only* (not meant to dis anyone)
assuming that the pd is the convertible and the ridge is a pickup, why would you also have the station wagon (roc) when you could have a better car for three cars in the first place.

say 5 vehicles= a motorcycle, convertible, pickup, station wagon, and scooter.
*the scooter would probably go first because you still have the motorcycle
*next would be the motorcycle because you still have a roof over your head
*now having to eliminate your next option, you will really have to think conservatively. so probably either the truck or convertible. practically it would probably be the convertible.
*so you miss the convertible, and the station wagon gets better gas mileage than the truck. you are left with the station wagon.

I like how veganray waited till the end to trade in for the station wagon.... lets be honest, im not gonna get a station wagon if i already have a truck and conversable.

understandably this thread doesn't really have to be a process of elimination. However, if you consider it to be, my post should hopefully make total sense.

mpalcic said:
I like how veganray waited till the end to trade in for the station wagon.... lets be honest, im not gonna get a station wagon if i already have a truck and conversable.
This was exactly my point. When your options are limited, it makes sense to avoid overlap as much as possible.

good point! I figured I try to cover every angle of the subject as it were to eliminate or switch in and out discs.

also

Force, Riot, T-bone, element, magic
Riot, T-bone, element, magic
T-bone, element, magic
T-bone, magic
element x

Predator, TeeBird, Leopard, Buzzz, Ridge
TeeBird, Leopard, Buzzz, Ridge
Leopard, Buzzz, Ridge
Buzzz, Ridge
Buzzz

Dogma said:
When your options are limited, it makes sense to avoid overlap as much as possible.

I've got to change my answer to:
(2)TB,Wiz
(1)Buzzz

Eagle-x, Roc, Aviar, X-Avenger, Firebird
Eagle-x, Roc, Aviar, X-Avenger
Eagle-x, Roc, Aviar
Eagle-x, Roc
Roc

Latest posts