• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Desperately Seeking Ching

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just learned this after talking via email with two people. one at Ching and the other at Innova.

the 'military line' was produced by Innova for Ching. the bomb is a banshee, the sniper is a gremlin, the tank is almost the same as a rhino. the only one that was unique was the stinger.

which gets me absolutely nowhere in my quest for a stinger. at least i know what discs to get if i want to replace the others.

The Gremlin is OOP as well. You can still find them from time to time as a CFR disc, but they are in Champ plastic. The bead is bigger on a Gremlin than the Sniper bead as well. Between the bigger bead and the denser Champ plastic, the Champ Gremlin is A LOT more overstable than the Sniper was. So you will pay higher CFR prices for a disc that is going to start out a lot more overstable than a Sniper. Rather than doing that, I'd just be looking for a new mid range disc that is still in production. The Cro has the same flight chart numbers as a Gremlin and is available in DX, so that might be a good place to start.

The Bomb was based on the Banshee, but it wasn't as overstable as a Banshee. I always found the Millennium EXP1 to be a closer match to the Bomb.

oh i've replaced the bomb and the sniper with other discs. they may not fly exactly the same but they are working great for me. my main driver now is a wraith, but i also have a roadrunner and an excalibur. for midrange i still carry my old beat up sniper but i now also have a Roc that i'm becoming quite fond of. i still use the tank for putting.

the difficult one for me is the stinger. i'm having trouble finding a disc that flies like it. i know it's an approach disc, but i've been using it more like a fairway driver. I'm a LHBH thrower and when i throw this disc flat with good power it slowly banks left for me and then near the end of it's flight it fades right only slightly. i haven't been able to get any other disc to perform like this.

EDIT: i haven't tried a stingray yet. that shows lots of turn with little fade. how about that?

Last edited:
thats what the stingray does for me. im rhbh and it starts going right and doesnt really come back. pretty reliable disc. might be what your looking for

Hard to know without seeing you throw, but a Stingray, Discraft Stratus or Innova Leopard might fit that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.