• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Destroyer or Wraith Post Injury

DiscJunkee

Bogey Member
So I am returning to play after a shoulder injury (torn labrum). I have always preferred destroyers however my ability is only now to the point where I can really start to utilize the speed.

I throw challengers 310 max, rocs 325 max, 300 on a line

I like throwing one mold so I am wondering if I should stick with Wraiths because they are a little easier to grip and throw post injury.

I am wondering what the distance gap is between a DS and a Wraith. Are their wraiths as stable as Destroyers?

Will I be able to throw 450+ a lot easier with a destroyer versus a wraith? OR is it more of a reliability issue? I have seen guys wrip wraiths over 500 so i know the potential is there.

I want to avoid having a whole line up of wraiths and then moving up to DS's later but if thats what it comes down to so be it.

Thoughts?

I want to avoid having a whole line up of wraiths and then moving up to DS's later but if thats what it comes down to so be it.

That is honestly what I think you should do, throw wraiths until you get your power back up and then move back to destroyers. But if you're really against that then you could just play not as well with destroyers until you get your power back and then be like your old self. :thmbup:

That is honestly what I think you should do, throw wraiths until you get your power back up and then move back to destroyers. But if you're really against that then you could just play not as well with destroyers until you get your power back and then be like your old self. :thmbup:

Probably does make the most sense. The little throwing I have done has been with an echo star wraith. Threw about as far as i did when i left off so thats a good sign.

Flat 175g Wraiths are so money. Throwing them flat or on hyzer lines FH or BH are so consistent and they are easier to grip & throw than Destroyers. I only chose the Destroyer over the Wraith when the wind is over 15mph or I need a distance driver to finish hard left or right. Stick with the Wraiths IMO.

I'd say start with the wraith for now. The flight numbers are identical aside from speed being a 12 vs 11. Coming off the injury if you arnt quite 100% and ur arm speed isn't quite there yet, the wraith will fly longer and better for you at first because its gonna take more snap/arm speed to get the destroyer up to the speed its intended to go at, thus making it throw more stable.

Also, as far as distance, wraiths can rip it. Destroyers are very very fast too however I know alot of people who can bomb the wraith just as far as destroyers. I think the amount of distance you can get on either is very close. A destroyer might go a little farther but the wraith will offer more control because of a hair smaller of a rim.

At the end of the day, what ever feels right to you and what feels right in your hand and what you throw better is what you should use.

wraiths are cheap too. good destroyers are getting out of control.

i like the extra speed of the destroyers esp for forehand shots but i also have huge hands.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really like throwing wraiths but always want that extra potential. For now there is no reason to push it.

I have an echo star wraith that is so glidey a normal star flat top and a bottom stamp star. I was thinking about getting a pro but might just beat in the echo a bit more. Some of the faster pro plastic discs I have (even a boss) get weird on me.